“Pricey”

Ranked #281 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Beijing, China
“Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The rates of this hotel are a little expensive in comparison with Wow Airport Hotel. I booked this hotel on my flight back from Lisbon to Istanbul and had an early flight to Tirana the next day. The rates of the land side of the hotel are cheaper than on the airport side (which is located inside the terminal). Once you get out of the airport there is a sign for the TAV Airport Hotel shuttle buses. There is also a red telephone. You just pick the phone and talk to the reception of the hotel and they will sent the shuttle bus in 10 minutes. Pretty convenient. You could also walk up to there, but why would you, when there is a shuttle bus :) Their room service runs 24 hours, which is a good thing for travelers arriving especially late. A burger and Cola combo is about 10 Euros. There is wifi internet, but the signal on my room wasn't that strong. Anyways it was working. The hotel is quiet, even though is located next to the airport

Room Tip: Get a room which is not close to the elevators. Due to the frequency of guests, sometimes they can b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank rdinbj
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your detailed review following your recent stay at TAV Airport Hotel.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

For lay over (so short you can't go and see some of the city) while taveling on business this works. Sea bass for lunch was top notch and Tolga who waited my table was efficient, friendly and chatty. Only big downside is that the smoking rooms share the same aircon as the non-smoking rooms so you'll get the irritating smell of cigarette smoke drifting into your room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg J
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review in relation to your recent stay with us and for highlighing the positives and negatives during your stay.
I'm very pleased to hear our food were to your satisfaction. I shall certainly compliment the relevant staff that you have so findly mentioned.
On the other hand please accept my sincere apologies regarding to irritating smell of cigarette smoke. Unfortunately it is physically imposibble to seperate the main aircondition system into two parts.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to TAV Airport Hotel in the near future.
Kind regards.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last January during a stormy, snowy period in Istanbul. The traffic was messed up and my flight was very early in the morning.After giving some thought not to risk the trip from the city to the airport, I decided to stay here and it worked really well. I got enough sleep and made it to the flight on time. Yes, it is a little pricy but I am very glad that this hotel exists. Unexpectedly the rooms were very quiet and comfortable.They provide a shuttle between the airport and the hotel, which is only 5 minutes ride. It is fun to face to the airplanes when you sit in the lobby. There could be definitely a richer food selection, which was the only minus. I also loved the idea that they provided some good selection of souvenir in the rooms and I even purchased one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FUSUN K
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us, also for bringing some points to our attention. We take very seriously all views expressed. Furthermore, we are very happy to learn we exceeded your expectations and our staff met your needs, plus you enjoyed our souvenir selection.
We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon at TAV Airport Hotel.
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

GREAT HOtel, looks nice, great location, excelent service. (I am speaking about the land side hotel). Still super easy to arrive, you have a shuttle but makes no sense to wait for it, since if you walk 100 or 150 meters you arrive at the hotel . The room was beautiful and roomy (we asked for the big one at the very end of the corridor on the second floor (i do not remember if it was 454 or 545). Still, great. It was super smooth the check in and the check out. The restaurant is super gourmet. Great quality, breakfast was one of the best, and I have been in 5 star hotels. We traveled with our 3 kids, and was stress free (that is so important!). Linens brand new, bathroom new, modern and super clean. Room service price was reasonable, complimentary tea/coffee machine and water as well. I just want to return to IST to go back to that hotel and have dinner, lunch and breakfast at the restaurant while we see the planes parked right next to us!

Room Tip: the big one at the end of the corridor is very roomy, but still I saw that the rest of the rooms whe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RoxanaRegue
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your generous comments following your recent stay at TAV Airport Hotel. We fully appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site. We strive to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we are truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Khartoum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

After wandering around the airport with a several hour layover, I noticed the sign saying that you could get a massage at the hotel. I did and it was wonderful. I had felt a wreck and left feeling refreshed and the price was reasonable. This was a real massage -- not a sit in a chair massage. The masseuse uses one of the hotel rooms and I was able to take a shower as well after the massage to rinse off some of the oils. It was more than a worthy treat as it definitely made me feel less stressed and kinked up after my economy seat flight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Loki_21202
Dear Reviewer,
It is lovely to hear that you have enjoyed our massage service during your lay over. Our aim is to offer flawless service to make our guests feel comfortable and match their expectations. Such nice comments like yours show that we are in the right path.
I've passed your comments on to the relevant staff in person.
We hope that we would have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest again in the near future.
Best regards.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review addressing a couple of issues I had with this hotel a few months ago, namely that the walk to my room seemed like miles with a roll along bag through a thick piled carpet and once there, the bedroom door had no safety chain or deadbolt, which is important to me when travelling alone. I have just had a second stay at this hotel and am happy to say that my comments must have been noted as I had a room only a short walk from the elevator and it had a safety bar on the bedroom door. All boxes ticked for me then as everything else about the TAV Airport hotel on the landside is to a very high standard. Spacious, spotless and extremely well located. I will be back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us, also for bringing some points to our attention. As you already noticed, we take all comments very seriously and action immediately.
We are truely delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you.
Thank you for choosing TAV Airport Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nerja, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our airline left us stranded overnight, and we decided to forego their free hotel and stay at the TAV Airport (this was land side, by the way as we had already cleared customs).

Yes it was pricey, but we got a wonderfully warm reception (free shuttle service as well), a large and beautifully appointed room with a big comfy bed. Toothbrushes & toothpaste and other amenities were provided gratis (our luggage was already in transit), we had complimentary coffee in the room as well as free wifi.

The Tav was literally a port in the storm for us, but I have no doubt that storm aside, if I were forced to overnight it in Istanbul again, I would chose the Tav.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your generous comments, we always appreciate feedback from our guests. We are very happy to learn we exceeded your expectations and our staff met your needs.