“Expensive but very good”
Review of TAV Airport Hotel

TAV Airport Hotel
Ranked #279 of 1,154 Hotels in Istanbul
Odessa, Ukraine
“Expensive but very good”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Located just next to the VIP lounge, Spacious rooms (no windows, however), tea/coffee set available, no breakfast. Expensive, However excellent for prolonged layovers, especially with kids. But must admit that beds needs change, they are too overused.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndersUA
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and that you have taken the time to describe your impressions.
I would like to inform you that, our hotel has recently renovated. All of our renovated rooms has new furnitures and mattresses. I believe you stayed in one of our old room. Please ask for a superior room next time.
Once again thank you for your valuable comment and sorry for any inconvenience we may caused.
We will do our utmost effort to meet your expectations in the future.
Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vandalia, MT
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed for two nights as part of a business trip. I arrived a little before 3 AM on an overnight international flight. I called the hotel from the luggage pick-up area and the shuttle van was waiting for me as I walked out of the airport terminal -- a rare experience, as I have had to wait typically at least 5-15 min (sometimes longer) for a pick up, especially at 3 AM. Upon arrival, the front desk was fully staffed at 3 AM, again a rare experience for me. And finally, I asked if there were any restaurants open (at 3 AM), and amazingly enough, the breakfast buffet was open and fully stocked. Unusually exceptional service, which I highly appreciated at 3 AM in the morning. Thank you to the staff of the TAV Hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have windows, for security reasons, as this hotel within the airport area. Not a...
2 Thank ILoveSnoopy
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our success. It is very important to hear that you had a pleasing stay in our hotel.
Thank you for choosing TAV Airport Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is pretty expensive compared to other airport hotels in Europe.
The hotel is clean and looks nice, the rooms are clean, beautiful and quite, the staff is nice and helpful.
Very nice place to stay if you're having some hours between the connection flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank liorv3
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at TAV Airport Hotel.
We are always delighted to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay and our staff have helped meet their needs. We take all guest feedback seriously and value all opinions expressed.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed there several times. Location is excellent - straight in transit zone.
All is good with this hotel except prices. But I can understand them. Sometimes there is no available room there so it is better to have advance booking.
Appreciate if the do more reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank xMIGx
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing TAV Airport Hotel and also sharing your precious opinions with us.We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. We take very seriously all views expressed.I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked a 12 hour block, but was forced to leave after just 6 hours. On arrival, I was very impressed with my room's cleanliness (particularly the bathroom), and thought I would enjoy my stay. However, my sleep was constantly interrupted by overhead noises - high heels, suitcase wheels, beeping, and random vehicles (presumably my room was directly under a carpark or an active area of the airport terminal). Further, the light fixtures in my room were not properly secured into the ceiling/wall, so they tinkered and vibrated with the overhead noises. All I wanted was a decent rest - suffice to say I didn't get it!!!

6 Thank HongKongVeggie
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your precious opinions with us and also giving us this opportunity to explain the situation.
As you would appriciate the airport is a very large and busy building, especially the international terminal. Unfortunately sometimes, during the schedule of flights the noise problem effects our rooms randomly.We apologise for not having met your expectations on this occasion.
Once again thank you for your valuable comment and please accept our apoligies on this matter.
We look forward to having you in our hotel as our guest again.
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've stayed on both the air side and the land side while waiting out long or missed connections at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. I agree with many others -- the hotel is quite excellent.

The hotel is new, impeccably clean, and stylish. Despite being next to an airport, somehow it's extremely quiet. Land-side breakfast buffet is expansive, delicious, and free with the room (it starts at 4 AM to accommodate those with early flights). Wi-Fi also comes with the room and has worked flawlessly for me. Service is very warm and professional. Metro is about a 4-minute walk, if you want to drop your bags and go see the city during your stay (Metro takes about each way to the city center, with one easy transfer at Zeytinburnu).

My one slight complaint is that reservations via the hotel's website were difficult or impossible to make as of October 2012. Land side rates were also unavailable by Internet. But reception and reservations staff are quite fluent with written and spoken English.

3 Thank sociable_lapwing
Esra A, Sales Executive at TAV Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review in relation to your recent stay with us and for the detailed feedback.

I was delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Also, I have passed the problem which you had experienced regarding to make a reservation though our web site on to my colleagues, they will fix it immediately.

Once again thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the TAV Airport Hotel in the near future.
Cape town
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Although a 10 min bus ride, it is a quick 5 min wlk from international arrivals past the metro.

Rooms are large with a king size bed and comfortable but bathroom is quite basic although with all the necessary amenities.

With TK's long lay overs a definite recommendation to book as they allow a day stay from morning to evening which is pleasant and useful.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChiragCaoeTown
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.