“Nice hotel, great staff”
Review of Hotel Beyaz Saray

Hotel Beyaz Saray
Ranked #298 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for almost a week with three friends. With the exception of the first night, when three of us stayed in a room facing the noisy main street, I have only positive things to say.

The staff were friendly, and helped us in any way they could.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street, as it may get noisy,
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but if you get the right room you'll love it.

Our original booking was in a basic room, which although it was nice - it was small and looked over an internal passageway. We opted to upgrade for 20€ a night to a much larger room facing onto the street.
There was some noise but that died down reasonably early and the 430am call to prayer also woke us but that is part of the beauty of Istanbul in my opinion and we found it very easy to get back to sleep after.

The shower is excellent, definitely not one that you have to run around in to get wet.

Free internet and the buffet breakfast on the top floor was also really good compared to others we had in Turkey.

Very close to everything in old town.

We would definitely consider staying again if we were in Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, with the trams stopping right at your door step as is the Grand Bazzar. Most main sights are within walking distance of hotel. Plenty of shops or cafes along the way. Staff were very friendly and helpful in all areas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Fab place to stay ,we first visited for 4 days then we flew to Cappadoccia for 3 days the hotel put our excess luggage into storage for when we got back, nothing was a problem.the extra night we booked they let us no to book on line we would get the best rate.The standard rooms are small but clean tidy, we got offered a free upgrade the second visit.Room with balcony over looking Bosphorus Sea spectacular. Well worth upgrading to deluxe.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank karen t
Reviewed May 30, 2013

we arrived at 4AM, our room was ready with VIP package included, we upgraded to a delux room and well worth it as we had 2yr old in tow so spent much time in the room. Food (room service) excellent, breakfast included with spectacular view from the restuarant. Staff friendly and extremely helpfull will definately stay with the Barcelo hotel chain again.

Room Tip: fourth floor facing the harbour good choice as scenery is not the best around the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nayyirah_06
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed 3 nights in the Barcelo Saray during my early spring trip to Istanbul and I truly enjoyed that break.

LOCATION is just great! Just across the street is picturesque Beyazit Mosque and Grand Bazaar entry is just on the other site of the square. To Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque (Sultanhamet area) you can get by tram or just walk 15 minutes. Around hotel you can find many restaurants, shops and local “street food” stands (fresh pomegranate juice at any time, this is what I like). Hotel does have a small garage, which reception staff kindly offered to me, which is much appreciated.

CHECK-IN experience was very good. Everything done quick, efficient, professional and nice. Reception staff during all my stay showed real passion and helped me with different queries good few times. Well done and THANK YOU. As I was travelling with my Family, they allocated rooms next to each other.

ROOM was located on the top floor, but without a street view (internal courtyard). Room wasn’t maybe the biggest, but warm, modern and very comfortable. I didn’t face any issues with room amenities at all. Easy-to-use and quiet air-condition/heater, flat-screen TV with international programs, complimentary Wi-Fi... I loved as well my “welcome gift” – plate with some dried fruits, nuts and grapes – small thing, but very nice (disappeared within minutes).
Bathroom was fresh, clean and spacious (with a shower). Good quality toiletries and fluffy towels are provided.

BREAKFAST is served in a top-floor restaurant. Terrace with a mosque view is a mandatory point-to-visit for all guests (I’m joking, but everybody goes there to take pictures). Selection of different meals was amazing. I was really surprised and I couldn’t finish with one serving. This is 5++ for breakfast. Tasty and well presented. As hotel was quite fully booked, staff has a lot to do, but they managed. Tables were ready and cleaned quickly when needed.

OVERALL experience with Barcelo Saray is Very Good. This is good option for those who would like to have decent hotel (good decent), affordable price, comfortable rooms and good location.

Room Tip: Street view rooms would be interesting, but less quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marqoos_pl
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I just spent four nights at the Saray. It was a great find. We were looking for a small, full service hotel in the old quarter with an elevator. Many of the smaller Sultanahmet hotels were filled but the Saray had rooms. The location is excellent: just across the street from the University and Grand Bazar, about fifteen minutes by foot to the Blue Mosque. The tram line is just down the block and it's a real plus: five minutes to the Blue Mosque by this route. The hotel is friendly, large, clean and has large rooms for this part of Istanbul. If you can choose, the "mosque view rooms" are the best value and have a wonderful view of a large mosque across the street on the University campus. We also had a remarkable room: the sea-view delux room. This was a double size room with a balcony looking out over the Sea of Marmora. Great gazing at any time of day. I would recommend avoiding the least expensive rooms that looked inward (at an interior corridor). All in all, I'd definitely stay here again (particularly in the sea-view suite).

Room Tip: Avoid the interior-facing regular rooms. Choose the "mosque view" or "sea view"...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family