“Great Stay - Great Location - Great Staff”
Review of Hotel Beyaz Saray

Hotel Beyaz Saray
Ranked #298 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We traveled on vacation, my parents, and myself. I would indeed recommend this hotel. Great location and staff!
ROOM-We had an interior courtyard room, granted the view was interior, for an added cost you could stay in a room with a view. The interior rooms were quiet; we were on the 3rd floor. The rooms were clean, nice closet space and bathrooms.
FOOD-The breakfast was my parents. favorite part, the food was delicious and the view was spectacular. If there was an area for improvement, it would be the service. While the staff was fast and friendly, we did have to seek out a server and ask for coffee, tea and the table tents offer custom eggs but we opted not to request it due to the effort of requesting coffee.
STAFF & HOTEL-the staff is very accommodating and friendly. They are multi-lingual and very responsive to guests needs. We were greeted with a smile from each employee. The hotel has a beautiful complimentary Hamam and great amenities. The front office manager and the desk staff were very accommodating.
LOCATION-This hotel is in a GREAT Location. The hotel is in such a great location, it didn’t matter what type of room we had, we were barely in it. Location, location, location. All of the major sites in Sultanahmet were walking distance; you’ll start seeing historic attractions when you step out of the hotel…there are too many to list. Then if you want to get further, the hotel sits near a stop on the Bağcılar-Kabataş Tram. For 3TL you can go pretty much all over. We took day trips to new Istanbul. We couldn't have asked for a better location during our visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff at Barcelo Saray are fantastic: very helpful, friendly and informative. The hotel is located in a great vicinity for historic sights and the rooms are very clean. The rooms are reasonably priced and we consider this value for money. Though the breakfast had plenty of variety on offer, I preferred to eat out. I recommend this hotel for a stay in Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a marvelous stay - it was our honey moon trip to Istanbul.barcelo saray is very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel.Good continental breakfast. The management was very friendly and helpful- the best thing i loved : full of latino people :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelamarhaba
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My daughters and I booked into this hotel as we wanted to be close to the tourists spots in Sultanahmet square. It was a terrific choice. Wonderful friendly staff, hotel was clean, food was excellent. Dining room on top floor has an amazing view of Istanbul, with a terrific camera shot of a mosque. There is also a hamman open around 3 p.m. til 10 .m. It's great. Be sure to make use of the facilities especially after walking around all day. The tram is right across the street making it easy to take to get to the sights, the bazaare is across the street. Really everything you want to see is within walking distance or by tram. Walking to the Blue Mosque, spice market, palace, bazaare etc will let you see the stores along the way.
The hotel is very friendly, clean, hospitable and will provide airport pick/drop off service (for a small fee) which was worth every penny.
When I returned at the end of my trip, I was to stay at this Barcelo for 2 nights however it had been over booked so I was taken to the Barcelo takapi. Althought a higher ranked hotel I much preferred this Barcelo Saray hotel. The Takapi hotel was 4 kms away from the sites however was on the tram line so that was easy. The Saray had a friendlier, cozier feeling to it.

Room Tip: Any room would be great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank narfnotlob
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Barcelo Saray is an excellent option, I just stayed there for one night and its location makes it perfect. The hotel itself is one petite but very beautiful hotel, the rooms are perfectly clean, the staff is super friendly. I arrive to the hotel at 1:30 in the morning and wre just waiting for me, were very kind and helpful with all my questions and anything I asked for. The breakfast hast a large variety and a wide tiem frame unlike other hotels that breakfast are from 6 to 8 am this is from 7 til 10 am. The hotel is located 2 minutes walking from the Grand Bazaar and just 10 Minutes from the main atouristic area. I strongly recommend it. ENJOY!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jipariente8a
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travelled to Istanbul over Christmas and stayed at the Barcelo Saray for four nights.

Although I'd read several reviews on this website saying that you should upgrade to a room with a mosque view, I didn't bother as I had breakfast included and figured I'd see enough of the mosque at breakfast from the restaurant.

The standard room is small. The room had a double bed and *just* enough room for me to walk between the foot of bed and the closet. The closet had sliding doors, and the tv was on a shelf in the closet. The safe is in there as well, and the sliding doors prevented the safe door from opening fully. The room was perfectly clean and as it wasn't facing the street, was very quiet at night.

The bathroom on the other hand, was quite large and spacious. It felt out of proportion with the bedroom.

The hotel is located within walking distance to many of the tourist attractions in the old part of the town: the Grand Bazaar, the Blue Mosque, etc... just check out the map. I actually never needed to take public transport for my entire stay, even for my trips into the new town areas (only went to the European side though). If you want to take public transport, there's a tram stop very close to the hotel.

It's also pretty well located to some of the top rated places to eat on this website, so I took advantage of that as well. I had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, and I thought it was fine.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, as I sought their assistance in booking a few activities during my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank thecowgoesmoo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice clean hotel right opposite grand bazaar. Location of the hotel couldn't have been better....we could walk to quite a few of the tourist attractions.....the service and cleanliness of the hotel was good and it's very affordable....will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple