“Great food, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheers Soul Kitchen

Cheers Soul Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 13,374 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Windsor, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Visited twice on a recent trip to Istanbul. First night was New Years Eve. Despite no reservation, they fit me in. They then provided exemplary service. Despite the busyness, they accommodated my numerous food allergies at least as well as far more expensive restaurants elsewhere. Two of the staff even took the time to chat with me, which was much appreciated being alone for the holiday.

Impressed I returned again another night. Food was just as good (Metzopotamia Style Lamb Shank) and a significant improvement after disappointments elsewhere in Sultanahmet. Berkan the owner also sat and regaled me with stories from his previous tourist guide business.

Overall I'm very impressed and look forward to returning to this hidden gem on future trips. Excellent place for those with dietary restrictions.

One caution: cash only though there is an ATM on the premises.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Brilliant food, relaxed ambience,and a gracious host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I ate at Cheers Soul Kitchen for dinner, after finding it in Sultanahmet that afternoon. Hovering about outside the restaurant, the host invited us in to look around and gave us complimentary tea while we studied the menu. We returned later for dinner and enjoyed the best meal of our stay in Istanbul. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and our host was charming.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Simon8082
Eagle Pass, Texas
“heart & soul food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Cheers Soul Kitchen certainly lives up to its name. From the first bite of my appetizer it was obvious that the owners and the chef have put their heart and soul into their food and establishment. The lively music and friendly wait staff added to the experience. Everyone was so accommodating and went out of their way to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. One of the servers even went out and got a deck of cards for my teenage son so he could play card games while waiting for the food. The stuffed mussels and seafood casserole were delicious and that’s saying a lot since I’m usually not a fan of seafood. It was so fresh, seasoned just right and absolutely yummy! The spicy steak was the best entree I had during my stay in Istanbul. My family, friends and I all enjoyed our meals so much that we went back twice in a 3 day period, yum, yum! All in all, the place is lovely, clean, serves amazing food and has a welcoming feel to it. I'll be back for sure. Cheers Soul Kitchen…check it out for yourself. You’ll be glad you did!

optopia
“Amazing food, Turkish hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ate at the Cheers Soul Kitchen while staying at the Cheers Lighthouse Hostel, which occupies the same building. The food was amazing - tasty, prepared with great attention and care. It wasn't just slapped together, you could tell someone put a lot of effort into making good food. The menu was extensive, covering a wide range of salads, soups, and Turkish specialties. It was very strong on seafood, favorite kind of protein. The sea bass casserole was to die for.

Value-wise, I'd say it was a very good value, considering the quality of the food. Sure, you could get better deals especially venturing outside of Sultanahmet, but the Cheers Soul Kitchen was consistently good - I ate there several nights in a row. Appetizers likes soups, salads and dips were in the 8-15 TL range (US$4-7.50), while main courses varied around 20-30 TL (US$10-15).

I would describe the atmosphere as a family-style, small restaurant, but with a menu 3x larger than what you would expect.

The owner, Berkan, was a pleasure to talk to, well-traveled and extremely helpful with recommendations about local sights.

When I'm back in Turkey, this is one of the first places I'll hit. Most of the good food I had in Turkey was from the Cheers Soul Kitchen.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mallnitz, Austria
“Excellent choice in the tourist area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

A complete contrast to the standard tourist restaurant in this district. This cosy little place offers authentic turkish food at a resonable price. Only a minutes walk from the blue mosk but away from the main restaurant area, this is a place which succeeds on its reputation and does not need anyone outside telling you to come in. We went there several times and the food was always excellent. Each dish seems to be prepared individually so do not expect a fast-food experience. Very friendly and genuine staff. Definately a place to recommend!