“Peter, Austria”

Ranked #128 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Pressbaum, Austria
“Peter, Austria”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very friendly and efficient service, spacious suites, excellent value, and good location make this place my favourite Istanbul Hotel. I am a very frequent traveller to Turkey and this was my second stay within two months.It will definitely not be my last.

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious (over 50 sqm), fully equipped and very good value.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Southampton
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Wouldn't hestiate to recommend this hotel. Staff, especially the manager Burak was very helpful and welcoming. Hotel is ideally located for the Istiklal Caddesi and Beyoglu and it's easy to access Sultanhammet via the funicular and tram. Room was comfortable and pretty. Very much enjoyed our stay here

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank turquoisebluesky
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I loved this hotel - the location was perfect - it was in a nicer part of Istanbul so we felt very safe at all times, even if the street might not look like it. It was about a 5-6 min walk to Taksim Square where you could easily jump on the hop on hop off bus if you desired. The Manager Burak was very friendly and so helpful, he set up a transfer from the airport to this hotel - this took a lot of stress away having to figure it out ourselves. We arrived at the hotel and were showed to our room. It was in the Green House just across the road from the hotel lobby, our room was in the basement and had plenty of space for just the 2 of us. The en suite was a perfect size and had all the modern amenities. Breakfast was a buffet style and if you wanted eggs all you had to do was ask, it has enough of a selection that we felt we beyond got our monies worth. We asked Burak tons of questions and he was able to help us look up information for the best bus tours and boat cruises. We loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Alexis B
UK
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This very small hotel is located on a rather rundown street, strewn with litter and vaguely dodgy-seeming after dark. It's a quick walk to Taksim though, which is convenient, but a far cry from the international, clean aspect of Istiklal and modern bits of the city. Not that any of this is necessarily a problem.
The hotel itself is like so many hotels in Istanbul that use and abuse the label of 'boutique'; it just means that they are small, generally, not part of a chain. So there is nothing special in this sense about this place. The decor is all relatively tasteful. We had a tiny room in the basement, it was more or less impossible for the two of us to move simultaneously. It was quite dark, with insufficient lighting. As usual for Turkey, not enough power plugs in the room, making it inconvenient to charge the various gadgets we now all rely on. The bedside tables are way too close to the very narrow bed, meaning we were banging into them at night. We had no hot water the first day, which was extremely inconvenient as we wanted to take a shower before going out. This is simply infuriating, even though the manager was very apologetic and genuinely wanted to get things fixed for us. But still, this should not happen.
The breakfast was OK, though the choice was very limited, I have had better buffets in similar hotels in Turkey. WiFi was functional, which is rare enough here, but not always very fast. Nice TV in the room if you're into that.
In summary, the hotel is OK, but I think that the price of 60 euros per night is too much both for the room we had, and the location. A fairer price would be around 45 euros for this type of property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank fmackUk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I can't stress enough how good the experience I had staying at the Villa Pera Suite. My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights after having spent a few days staying in the Sultanahmet district. The location is a short walk from Taksim square and all of the bars/shopping/sites near there. If you have more than a few people (family or staying with a group of friends) I definately recommend the roof top suite/floor. Can comfortably sleep 4-5 people and space for more than that if you want to get out the sleeping bags.

Although the amenities were great and the location was ideal for seeing Taksim and the surrounding areas, the service was the real gem of this place. Burak greeted us as we arrived and from what I can tell, personally takes care of everyone who comes through the door. Offering his personal cell phone number in case of anything we would need day or night. The rooms were always kept clean, the morning breakfast was filling and the perfect way to start the day and any questions or ideas we had were answered by the thoughtful people who worked there.

Room Tip: The top floor room/suite has a kitchen and sleeping space for 4-5+ people. If you have a family of t...
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a short 3 days. It is about a 5 min walk from Taksim st. Breakfast is included and there is wifi in the rooms. The hotel it self is very nicely decorated, and what I love the most is how personable the experience was. As the hotel is small, located on a small street and includes 2 buildings. Our room was just as promised with a king bed and it even opened out into a little sun room with books and chairs for reading. The manager was very helpful everyday. He told us of not so touristy restaurants to eat at and also gave us easy directions to get around the city. I highly recommend this hotel and it's staff who are all very nice. Also if you are used to staying in big name hotels like the Hilton, know that it is nothing like that, but better in my opinion as you get a more personalized experience.

Room Tip: We loved the room in the new building on the main floor with the king size bed. It's the only ro...
1 Thank Izrielle
Waidring, Austria
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I arrived in Istabul on the 1st of Jan for urgent business and got stuck in an expensive hotel in Lalali. Then I found Villa pera online and gave it a chance. We could not find them easily, and the taxi cheated me, but then they received me with a big comforting smile. Mr. Burak at the reception did his best to help me, and everyday it was the same for the next four days I stayed! very friendly and helpful, offers a genuine advice for the city, and I really found myself at home. The hotel is neat and small, no major attractions within, but it is spotless clean with nice design and that was the most important thing for me. So again I felt just home and that was good.
The ladies at the breakfast (dalia) are just great...I loved them!

I am taking my husband next time we are in Istanbul for a Villa pera for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business