“Superior is not superior”

CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #91 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We arrived today at the hotel, reading all the references and looking at the pictures, we had extreme high expectations, well you need to manage those.

We booked a superior room, but it really is not and it also does not compare to what the booking websites indicate as a superior room.

On top of that they told us at checkin that unfortunately they did not have the water view, only garden. Honestly, there is absolutely NO GARDEN just CONCRETE.

When I called the reception I was told that this was a superior room (not true) and that if we wanted a better room, equal to what we booked, we would have to pay extra....

Ken, the waiter in the restaurant really is great! Compliments to him!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Misaan
There are newer reviews for CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed February 6, 2014

A very new hotel and finished in true luxury. The beautiful large lobby and grand staircase with a white grand piano off to the side. The rooms are have very comfortable bed and fitted out with everythng. Nepresso machine was nice for coffees. All room electonic, curtains, blinds, shades,lights, all from a couple panels....Staying 5 days i did miss having a sitting chair or sofa for comfort, only a desk chair which is not comfortable to relax in. The bathroom is beautiful but has a serious safety problem with the use. A glass wall at front end of tub prevents you from adjustng temp and filling tub without getting in the tub and walking to front and adjust water, While it was filling i left and came back and close to full. I get in to go up front to turn water off as close to overflow and water to hot.....my legs burning bad but had to make my way to front or room flooding. I got painful blisters on legs from this experience. Also, when you adjust water temp for a shower, then turn on rain shower you are forced to get sprayed with very cold water for a few seconds. Some is going to get hurt worse than me, older person could die. need to take out glass and hang a curtain so can adjust water from outside the tub.nnOther than this all is good. The staff added much more even, very professional, friendly and responsive with any request. Really felt a valued customer by this team. Location is great also.

Room Tip: Book with a room with view to Bosphorus sea, well worth it. Corner suite was quite small but big en...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank aguy_98
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wonderful hotel. Traveled there in Jan 2014. Excellent service and the hotel was sparkling clean! Lovely spa area.

A few meters away from Taksim and Istiklal Steet. Within walking distance to the Kabatas station.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fatima H
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I spent with my friends 4 days with New Year event in CVK Park Bosphorus. I must admit that it was excellent. Perfect in all aspects, extra luxury Hotel, really new. My room was with bosphorus view and with bathroom with incredible lcd mirror. Complimentary and service really good, also restaurant good. Wifi perfect. I really can't find anything wrong or malfunctional.
I also had great experience in SPA below the hotel and it's really closed to Taksim square and also Metro from where you can go everywhere. I suggest Park Bosphorus. I will come back when in Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank edmondoangelaccio
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel is quite new and you can feel it everywhere.
The rooms are huge and fully equipped. I highly recommend to take a room in the higher floor (2 or 3) facing to the Bosporus.
I liked the bath, the bad, the Nespresso coffee machine, the view, the great service and the fantastic value for money.
I didn't like the lack of regular stairs. Using the lift only was bothersome...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gidi W
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel is well located 2min from Taksim , and has great gym and swimming pool. It's newly built and on and all gives good value for money. The thing is, although offering many pillows to chose from, the're all made of bouncy synthetic foam, none of them stuffed with real feathers. If you have some trouble getting asleep that could be a problem. We called Housekeeping and they brought us some more pillows , but alas .they were all synthetic. I would expect a 5 star hotel to have some better bedding offerings

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank menashe t
Guest Relations M, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review after your stay at our CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the gym and the swimming pool. Besides, we are sorry to hear that you could not make the most of our pillow menu. There two types of pillows in our rooms; one is goose feather and the other one is synthetic. On the other hand, we have more options on the pillow menu. We are committed to do our best to make you sleep well. If you like a different pillow than you find on your bed please e-mail us at gr@parkbosphorus.com to prepare your special pillow prior to your arrival for your next visit. We will assist you with finding the pillow you want.

Thank you again for your feedback. Looking forward to your return visit. Best regards from Istanbul.

Best regards,
CVK Park Bosphorus Istanbul
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2014

You got to love every thing about this hotel, from the moment you step out from car to the moment you step in the car leaving the hotel.. The most smiley staff I ever met during all my stays in hotels..
As you enter the hotel you will surly feel the luxury in every detail... The room was so beautiful.. I had the sea view room, and I could easily see the princes tower from my little balcony and hear the ships sailing early morning.. Very comfort and clean room... I just can't think of anything to complain about... The Safira Spa is a must use, and the variety of massages they offer is so relaxing... This hotel is a must come back for sure... A special thank to the helpful and beautiful Israa from the hotel relations.

Stayed: January 2014