“Cosy place and great food”

Defne Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #949 of 13,529 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Cosy place and great food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff is really nice and they make you feel at home. The food is extremely good and the price is lower than you would expect if due to the quality! If you're nearby you should not miss it!!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Most incredible staff and food.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

First of all I want to thank Arif, Vittorio, and Aziz for making myself and my fiancé feel so welcomed and for being the greatest Turks we have met on our trip. The food at dafne was outstanding. When Arif came up to us when we were walking down the street, he had told us if it was great but not very great, it would be free. Well it was VERY GREAT. From the lentil to the kofte. Everything had such an amazing flavor. I never have tasted such tender and flavorful chicken kabob before. There was not one thing we had that wasn't good. We went there 6 times in 3 days. The service was top notch. When we were just walking by after a long day of site seeing, we would stop by and say hello, and they would always invite us in for tea. Just an amazing experience. Would recommend to anyone traveling to this part of Istanbul. Well sure be back next year. Defne Herkese çok teşekkür ederim!

bishkek
“great discovery”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was exhausted after a long day and as a female solo traveler didn't want to walk too far for dinner. Luckily I found this nice, cozy restaurant just next door. My food - a big plate of the most delicious adana kebab with French fries and seasonal vegetables, hot lavash and mezi starters were served very quickly. At the end of the dinner, they even made a good discount on the price. I was surprised to learn that the restaurant is build on the ruins of ancient palace and has a well with fish and turtles. I will definitely come back here for a romantic dinner with my man.

• Visited December 2013
“Save the best for last. ”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Defne is just beside the hotel where we were staying, but we ate there on our last day. Indeed, we saved the best for last. The place inside is very warm and classy. The waiters are friendly and attentive. And the food is wow! We had our best meal before we finally bid goodbye to Istanbul.

Varna, Bulgaria
“Warm atmosphere, Wonderfull service & delicious meal ----> this is Defne Bar & Restaurant :))”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had a nice trip to the Istanbul in end of November. My hotel was near to the Defne Bar & Restaurant.
All evenings we had a dinner by Defne. Because they are really the best as a staff, as a food, as a atmosphere!
And the lovely person Arif show us a ancient well with fish and turtles in inside of the restaurant.
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Arif and Mousieu Fikri (and of course to the all others) for the lovely time!