“Family pension to spent nights near to airport”
Review of Hotel Kuk

Hotel Kuk
Ranked #370 of 1,039 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Family pension to spent nights near to airport”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I decided to spend 2 nights in this family hotel, one night during the transit to Cappadocia and another night before flying home. The reservation was made from booking.com and although I have arrived late in the night, the check-in was uncomplicated. I paid through cash upon the arrival. The hotel is quite old, most of the rooms are clean but need some refurnishing and the elevator is really small. There is free wifi, air conditioning in the room, TV screen. I set a morning wake-up call with the staff and had a light Turkish breakfast in the roof before check-out. The reception called a taxi to take me to the airport, just 10 minutes far from the hotel near to Bakırköy Square. Considering the massive tourism in Istanbul, the price is low and the service just fair. The carpet looked somewhat dirty and unhealthy for those asthma sufferers. Certainly is not the best place to spent the vacation in Istanbul, but the hotel looks reliable, well located in a quiet street with no car or bus noise. The final balance favour low budget traveler as the middle way to the flights to other destinations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travel_World63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a decent enough budget hotel close to the airport and also in area with many restaurants close by. We on fact booked a room only to use for the afternoon as we had a very long layover, and for this it was perfect. The only real negative I have is that upon check out, the guy at reception insisted on cash. I had cash but planned to pay with credit card, and he was very insistent despite that I had booked on booking.com which states no credit card fees etc. I insisted on paying with card andmade it that the machine was offline or broken and that iI should go to the ATM to draw money. Long and short is we paid cash but I would suggest if you want to use a card, so do on check in.

• Stayed July 2013
Southampton, PA
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Only 10 minutes by taxi to the airport - perfect for early flights and avoiding of the crazy Istanbul traffic. Clean rooms, friendly staff, nice hotel. Very nice neighborhood. Take bus 94A to its last stop and it will take you directly to Kapali Carsi from where you can walk to all major tourist sites. The front desk promised us breakfast the morning of our departure (it was early in the morning) but we didn't get anything. They also promised to give us a wake up call - but that did not happen either. So make sure you have an alarm clock or a phone with an alarm to wake you up. Other than that - our experience was great - they showed us where to take the bus from, the guy even came out with us to the bus stop and purchased the tokens for us. Every time I called the front desk, a smiling guy with limited English showed up at the door asking how can he be of service. I would recommend this hotel and would visit again when in Istanbul!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dessie K
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here as it was the end of our holiday and we were getting up at 6am for an early flight and I didn't want to throw money away on an expensive hotel we would hardly see. It's a great location, close to two massive shopping centre, I managed to buy all my holiday presents here! The room was small but comfortable, it had a/c which was necessary as it was a warm night in July. The staff were helpful with ordering us a taxi for the airport in the morning. The lobby is quite interesting with yellow painted piped and a massive cityscape decoration. Overall it was great for a few hours kip before an early flight.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank RussellMasterton
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been travelling around Turkey for two months, and staying in many different hotels. I chose hotel Kuk for the good reviews on the internet, and I wanted to be near Bakirkoy district.
Altogether rooms are ok, but too much of an "amateur" work. A/C ducts would run around the walls, bad finishing, bad painting, mattresses... they could do much better with a little more.
As it was a long stay, they upgraded me to a nice room with two beds. After 7 nights, the manager "warns" me that I had to change rooms, to a smaller one. I ask why, and he says "because". I try to negotiate and he is rude. So I kindly tell him that I'd change hotels.
Honestly, there are better options around. The staff don't really care about guests, nor can speak a decent English.
One exemption for the luggage porter - this young man went many extra miles to assist, unfortunately he couldn't speak English.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Julien M

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels