“Great 4 days at Yazar”

Ranked #357 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great 4 days at Yazar”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I went with 3 other friends and we had a great time at Yazar. The concierge is super friendly and helpful, always showing us the best places to eat, where to go for certain things (e.g. Whirling Dervishes, buying Turkish towels, random things like that), and booking things for us (e.g. restaurant reservations, trips, shows, etc.). However, they were not imposing/trying to sell us on things. Very clean and minimalist. Rooms have smart TVs! And the included breakfast is great! A very large spread of breakfast items and it is open for over 3 hours. Yazar is excellent for a budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kimthi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I agree with all reviews. I choose this hotel from 'trip advisor', now I think I didn't make wrong choice. For that price, everything are amazing,wonderful, fascinating and etc) I stayed with my mummy, and we are very enjoyed :) Thank all of you, Yazar Hotel administration :)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Nur I
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent experience at Yazar hotel. Price was good, location was excellent, very clean and nice rooms. Staff was incredibly kind and were always very helpful recommending sites to visit, handing maps and useful information to explore Istanbul. Totally recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kumiko K
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and it was really great. Hotel is situated near to the main city attractions 5 minutes walking distance to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque and 5 minutes to Egyptian spice bazaar and 10 minutes to Galata bridge. For that price the hotel is excellent!!!! The rooms are great, we stayed at deluxe room and it was really big, with smart television and very comfortable bed and great bathroom. I liked a lot the modern design of a hotel, because everything that I saw in Istanbul has their traditional design and I didn't like that, because of that I choose Yazar hotel. The stuff is very polite and always eager to help. :) The breakfast was also great, everything was fresh and they have refilled everything very quickly. * My recommendation is to put maybe more options for breakfast ( maybe some typically Turkish breakfast or Turkish delights like Baklavas) but it was yummy anyway. Overall it was great and it's definitely my recommendation! :) p.s. I also strongly recommend to book room on their hotel site - because they give you BIGGER discount than BOOKING.COM or some other sites.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maja M
Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Excellent place I visited many hotel in istanbul yazar has well valued free parking area walking distance from sea side and grand bazar and restrorand nice decoration delicious beeakfast large room strongly recommend ı will surely come back again

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bursaliamigo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Good clean hotel. Good service. The staff is really nice and helpful. The manager Engin was very helpful with travel tips and planning our day out in Istanbul and other day trips. Even the owner of the hotel was very helping and cordial.

The breakfast was good and also plenty of it. The location is very central to some of the most important sights in Istanbul.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Liberia, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in Yazar from December 26 to Dec 28th 2013 . Clean rooms and nicely decorated , great location to all the sites . The staff was very helpful and they also had great breakfast .Wifi in all the areas too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone .
they also arranged my shuttle to the airport . I forgot my Turkish delights at the hotel still thinking of them lol ...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo