“A Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #117 of 536 Shopping in Istanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I happened on to this shop near the spice market and it became our favorite in Istanbul. The owner was knowledgable and a true joy to deal with. His products were so unique and interesting that we came back on consecutive days to purchase more of his items. It's a bit hard to find in the Spice market but well worth it!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Tracy B

Bern, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jewel for jewelry”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you look for special jewelry and best counseling about it, this is the place to go! I buy all my jewelry here (being myself a jeweller). Here you also find the most beautiful scarfs and a fine collection of rugs and carpets, the owner will patiently show and explain them to you.
And: if you're looking for that very special, breathtakingly beautiful silk carpet: ask Ayman..

ps: don't miss his second shop: Shahrazad, just walk along the Gülhane park wall, down from Gülhane tram station,you'll find it to the left, at nr. 9/D

Visited August 2013
3 Thank L_saida2013
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Quality handcrafts- interesting owner!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I loved this tiny shop run by a young man from Syria. Not only was he very knowledgable about his Syrian handicrafts, but his Turkish items were gorgeous and prices better than the Bazaar. I loved his jewelry and embroidery. He speaks many languages fluently and you'll leave his shop feeling like a friend. Check this little gem of a shop out before you buy. Located near the Spice Market.

Visited May 2013