Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$139
$177
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$253
$245
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$209
$151
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshang palacelobby loungebeautiful hotelin room diningview roomduty managerfour seasonsferry stationindoor poolspecial thanksperfect staysea viewturkeyasian sideold cityluxurybosphorus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2013

excellent location, helpful staff amazing room decoration you feel the hotel is your own everyone try to do the best for you in 24 hours, the weakness is the breakfast is limited choice but the view is good, also the hotel has a beautiful lobby try to drink turkish coffee with lovely turkish sweets,
i didn't see hotel treat their customers like this.

Room Tip: corner rooms are bigger than others room with more windows. try the spa
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alsheikh86
SinanYilmaz, General Manager at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear alsheikh86,

We would like to thank you for your comments about Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul. It is extremely important for us to receive your feedback in evaluating how we can better serve our valued guests like you, and in identifying those areas where additional efforts should be directed.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel, the service and the facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul.

Best regards

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I felt that shangrila Istanbul handled the political issues when I was there so professional, they offered security and great people. I will definitely comeback soon :) I was there June 17 flight from Paris, and I didn't know what to expect in Istanbul, from what I was watching on tv. I was scared, and I remember being very anxious, but when we settled down while checking in, the people who greeted me, I was so relieved because they were very nice and sincere. I immediately felt safe and the hotel really made me feel that we are safe and my room is so cute. Love the view facing the sea. <3

• Stayed: June 2013
SinanYilmaz, General Manager at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear aianmiller;

Thank you for staying at the at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul and for taking the time to share your comments at TripAdvisor. Your comments are extremely important to assist us in evaluating how we can better serve valued guests like you.

Shangri-La International and all of us at the Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul aim to delight and provide all our guests with the highest standards in service and hospitality. Kindly be advised that the safety and security of guests and colleagues are our priority.

We truly appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul

Reviewed July 23, 2013

excellent reception by the staff, nice and clean hotel supported by professional staff and immaculate service. you really feel the personal attention and care. the hotel is highly priced but taking into consideration the season and the location in comparison to hotels nearby, it is perfectly situated.

Room Tip: bosphorus full view but at a premium price. partial view is like the normal view. but then you hardly stay in Istanbul is a great city to visit if you are not on business.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SinanYilmaz, General Manager at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear subhi7,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our Shangri-La hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Completing a 5-night stay, have high praise for this recent addition to the Shangri-La brand. Open only 2 months, the hotel and this remarkable city have suffered from recent unrest. The hotel's iconic location is well away from that area and remains an oasis of serenity and luxury. The staff and amenities are everything (and more) expected from a Shangri-La property. Word will spread that this hotel is a worthy rival to its 5-star neighbours. Highly recommended. Will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
SinanYilmaz, General Manager at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear AndrewR32,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. Your comments are very valuable to us and it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our Shangri-La hospitality. We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was fortunate to spend two nights at this new luxury hotel in Istanbul.
The lobby is probably the most elegant in Istanbul with beautiful crystal chandeliers everywhere and there were beautiful Turkish and Oriental art everywhere you turned. They have a grand staircase going down to the lower levels to the spa and the dining and meeting rooms.
I stayed in a premier Bosphorus view room which had a magical view of the Bosphorus. The hotel is the closest to the Bosphorus so the Bosphorus view rooms are like being on the water. The room was huge. When I walked into the room I felt it was too grand but I quickly got accustomed to it. It was nice to luxuriate in such spaciousness. I think in all it was 65 square meters.
I ate at Isttoo the first night and had Malaysian food that was delicious. They were also serving an amazing buffet for Iftar but I wasn't that hungry, but I enjoyed the live Turkish music in the restaurant that was special for Ramadan.
On the second night friends came to join me at the Shang Palace. They were observing Ramadan and when we told the waiter that they were breaking their fast they went up to get some of the Iftar offerings so they could break their fast with familiar foods before we started on the wonderful Chinese food. It was the best Chinese food I have ever had and the Peking duck was amazing.
The staff at the hotel has got to be one of the most handsome and beautiful staff of any hotel I have ever stayed and they were equally service oriented. They could not do enough for me. After dinner we went outside to the few tables they have outside for smokers. We wanted tea and it was late and they said they had run out but our server, Ms Selin, found some and brought it to us. It was so appreciated. The one thing they don't have is outdoor space but the inside is so beautiful and if you get tired of looking at all the beautiful art you can engage with the delightful staff. I really had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I loved my premier Bosphorus room but they do have some suites with outdoor terraces that I would love to try next time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Waldorf9,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, IST TOO and Shang Palace. We really appreciate your excellent feedback. We are passionate about exceeding our guests' expectations and we are so delighted to hear that you were well taken care of by our colleagues.

We are honoured that you choose Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul and we look forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,