“One of the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Besiktas
Description: We are passionate about good coffee and would like to share our guests how delicious coffee can be. Cup of Joy uses the finest green coffee beans in the world. Our beans change periodically but you will definitely find a winning “Cup of excellence”, a Panama Esmeralda Geisha or the world-renowned Jamaica Blue Mountain. We roast our coffee beans on a daily basis, which makes our coffee fresh and tasty. Beside the espresso, we use different brewing methods like the “Hario” drip, the Syphon, the Aeropress, Turkish coffee and the special “ Cold Drip” which is brewed in around 10 hours.We are still learning every day and we would like to share our experiments with you. Come either to drink one of our single origin coffees and tastes our delicious pastries, or take away the beans or grinded coffee for home use.Cup of Joy is located in Bebek, which is one of the most beautiful spots of Istanbul. Bebek is located on the shores of the Bosporus and is ideal for taking a walk.
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

First of all, the location of it is even wonderful, a very beautiful part of İstanbul, Bebek. If you don't know the size of the cafe, how small it is, you will be surprised like me. I liked the decoration of this tiny cafe but of course I would prefer a bigger one. But this is the only thing I would like to change about it.

I had a cappuccino and I couldn't get enough of it, I ordered a second cappuccino, it was as perfect as the first one. I'm sure that if I hadn't stopped myself I would have drunk all day, without knowing how many cups of coffee (joy) I had.

Of all the cafes I went in İstanbul, this one had the best coffee. After the coffee, you might also want to have a walk along the seaside, it is refreshing.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BEceF

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Cup of Joy is that best coffee shop/micro-roastery in town. The staff is professional and friendly while the place itself is cozy and lovely. There are a wide range of beans that you can take home as well as lots of brewing techniques that you can get the best out of the bean of your choice. Highly recommended for those who are interested in good quality coffee.

• Visited April 2013
İstanbul
“The best coffee in İstanbul..maybe even further...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The mini coffee shop "Cup of Joy" inside a small quite ordinary shopping gallery in Bebek (next door to the Pharmacy and across from Dİvan Brasserie and Bebek Balıkçısı.
They serve the best green coffee beans and many different brews and types of coffee including the traditional Turkish Coffee.
We visit regularly and love both the coffees,the atmosphere and the excellent service...
Our friends from France and overseas have loved "Cup of Joy"..
A treat for our tastebuds...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Faron83
San Francisco
“Specialty Coffee - Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

It's worth your effort to beautiful Bekek for a morning or afternoon away from central Istanbul. The coffee here at Cup of Joy is truly specialty coffee & the only one worth your time in Istanbul. We went to over 20 cafés in Istanbul including other "specialty" "micro roastery" cafés in & around Istanbul. This is the only that does it justice. The baristas are great & knowledgable...the Dutch-Turkish owner is very sweet. They offer pour over, siphon & aeropress as the methods for brew outside of typical espresso drinks. The quaint cafe is set off the main strip in Bekek. Enjoy the atmosphere along the water and stay for breakfast, lunch or dinner in Bebek.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cup of Joy a joy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Cup of Joy, down a funky corrider of stores off Bebek's main street -- just North of the Ak Bank -- serves the best cup of coffee I have found in Istanbul. And the people who work there are first rate.

• Visited September 2013