“Wonderful introduction to Turkey”

Istanbul Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Half Day Classic Turkish Cooking Courses(including a culinary walk through one of the old and popular bazaars of Istanbul).During the workshop we learn how to cook 5 different dishes and eat them together with beverages, tea and Turkish coffee.Food means life, that's why the workshop contains information about many different aspects of the Turkish culture.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

After a long plan ride from Toronto we met up with Oguz and our fellow class mates for our first experience in Turkey. It was a perfect way to get to know the culture and food of Turkey and to get over jet lag.

The walk through the market was a great experience. We discovered a number of delicious shops - I carried pickled beets through all of Turkey - which we returned to for additional treats. The food we made was easy and very tasty. I've since made the hummus at home though it didn't taste quite as good. It must have been the atmosphere or maybe the chick peas.

Oguz was very hospitable and made everyone feel at home.

I would recommend this cooking school to anyone who travels to Istanbul. Happy eating!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

so my husband booked this for my birthday trip to fantastic Istanbul. the tour starts meeting your guide/chef guide in Galatta walking around the fruit veg places talking about food, shopping for the meal you will cook and getting to know local restaurants that server certain types of food, visiting local shops where you can buy great quality products and getting to know the food history of Turkey. our guide Oguz was so nice friendly and welcoming we loved our experience.
we headed to the cooking class it was a small class in the afternoon we met other foodies and enjoyed exchanging stories and cooking together! the food is easy to do and very easy to adapt to your taste if you wanna cook it back home. its a very relaxed atomosphere. i would def reccomendit if you are into food and dont want to just hang around the city in touristy areas. this is a very insightful and more personal experience to get to know the city /country you are visiting
thank you again Oguz for the lovely afternoon- P&A

2  Thank ItalianinDublin
Reviewed February 1, 2014

From the culinary walk to the 5 course meal we prepared, this was a first class experience. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun, the food delicious and easy to make. We weren't rushed at all, and felt like we had made new friends. I highly recommend Oguz and his class. It's a "must-do" if you're visiting Istanbul.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

what a wonderful evening! that I will Remember it for very long time, we spent 11 days in Istanbul and cooking School Certainly one of the best thing that you can do in Istanbul, Oguz very Friendly and Cultured, he took us to local shops and We learned a lot of things about Turkey Food Like names and Streets Food.and we saw Istanbul from the cooking School. Thank you Oguz for everything

Reviewed January 16, 2014

That's the comment of my boyfriend after spending a week in Istanbul. We have tried several recommended restaurants in Istanbul but still find the best meal experience is in the cosy Istanbul Cooking School. We had a group of 3 thus it felt very cosy, just like a friend's gathering.The trip started off with a market visit as Oguz brought us to the shops that he likes most. We bought some spices and Turkish delights as souvenirs based on Oguz's recommendation.

Oguz offers more than just a cooking class. He is friendly and knowledgeable about Turkish cuisines. It's wonderful to learn more about Turkey cuisines through Oguz. We also had fun talking about other things about Turkey. What best way to learn about the country than to talk to a witty and knowledgeable local?

I am also pleasantly surprised that the menu I got was vegetarian that day. It is such a coincidence as I am a vegetarian myself. I thought that a classic turkish meal will have a lot of meat involved, deceived by the menu at the streets.I understand that Oguz changes his menu so please do highlight to him in advance if you are a vegetarian. He will have something really delicious for you!

All in all, both my boyfriend and I enjoyed ourselves very much. Thanks Oguz!

1  Thank Lew T