“So much fun!!! :)”
Review of Giycek Old Time Photo Studio - CLOSED

Giycek Old Time Photo Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Giycek Old Time Photo Studio is the one & only old time photo studio in Istanbul and it is based in Galata district very close to both Galata Tower and Tunel Square on Istiklal Street. Our issue is to provide fun, original, unforgettable experience and long lasting memory of Istanbul for Istanbul travellers. We have a wide range of costumes of different periods during Ottoman Era under the concepts of Dynasty, Millitary and much more.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Gözde and her team are very professional. I suggest that all visitors (and residents) of Istanbul come here for a very fun day and a great souvenir. Also, if you will be able to collect it later, make sure Neslihan draws that shot and prepares your portrait, oil on canvas!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

I surprised my wife and took her there, she loved it. we had a great time taking the photos. i thought it was a little pricey but the memories are priceless.

Reviewed November 23, 2014

I simply recommand this place, you should do it. I booked in advance, Giycek was very professional. I think it's worth the price.

Reviewed October 31, 2014

I am so glad we decided to take pictures at Gyicek photo studio. It was a wonderful experience and worth every penny. It's been almost 3 weeks since my husband and I did it and it still warms my heart when I think of those moments in the studio... choosing the costumes and jewelry, posing, deciding which photo looks better and laughing thru the whole process.

Yes, you can get pictures at some other places for less money. We did that at Galata Tower, only because Gyicek photo studio was closed due to holidays when we arrived to Istanbul and I was not sure we will be able to get pictures done before we leave. If we had the pictures done in this studio at the beginning of the trip I would not even consider doing it at the other places.

The best way to describe the difference between these two experiences is to say this... if you hungry, you can go to a fast food restaurant, get an inexpensive meal and forget quickly what you have eaten or you can go for a fine dining place, enjoy the food and have wonderful memories. I would always select the second option!

2  Thank Amra961