“Never again”

Ranked #105 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“Never again”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We didnt like our stay at all
1. Cards for elevator are not working, every day we had to recharge them at least twice.
2. In the bathroom in front of the toilet there us a huge mirror. U sit on the toilet and watch yourself!!! Deluxe room
3. Mini bar is not replenished
4. After room service we had no glasses for water and vine.
5. My husband was in the room, and i came after shopping without the key (card). I asked on the reception to help me with the elevator, as it works with card. They started asking my name, my surname, calling our room and so on, so it was easier to call my husband by myself and ask him to pick me up from lobby.
6. Good location and breakfast.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this review, December 26, 2013

Greetings from Pera Istanbul.

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience with our hotel.
Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies where you thought we missed some service points.
Nevertheless, I would like to say a few words with your feedback.

We kindly ask our guests to keep their room key cards away from magnetic fields, such as mobile phones or magnets in order to protect its magnetic codes; otherwise they would not function.
For our time being, this is the key technology in the hotelier sector.
Since there was a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on your room door for the last 2 days out of 3, we were not able to serve mini bar refreshments or glasses.
Asking guests’ room number and last name for ID clarification is a security measure that all serious international chain hotels take.
This is solely to protect guests’ confidentiality. We would not prefer to give your room key to somebody else without ID confirmation.
About mirror door of bathroom, well it’s an architectural issue which has received positive comments so far. Some may like, some wouldn’t.
We will re-consider your feed back during our first renovation.
Finally, thank you for your compliments with our location and breakfast.

Would you ever travel to Istanbul, I would like to personally meet you and make sure you will fully be satisfied with your stay.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very welcoming Reception (staff and décor).
Check In/Out was painless and quick (most essential for a single night's stay!)

The Hotel was very clean and the excellent décor was highlighted by well thought out lighting.

Although it would have been nice to have had a room at the front of the Hotel for the view, the room allocated 523 was more than 'fit for purpose'. The room was well lit, spotless and had all the facilities needed for a longer stay.

The Hotel is about 5 mins walk from the İstiklal Caddesi (Independence Avenue) that leads all the way up to Taksim Square.
I did the 'walk' twice: in the evening to find a lovely restaurant called Deep on Kurabiye Sk just off İstiklal Cd (recommended) and then the following morning to take some photos before leaving for the airport.

I wish I'd had the opportunity to stay longer for sure!

Room Tip: I suspect even numbers are at the front of the Hotel and get a much better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Salute from Pera Istanbul.

I would like to thank you for taking time to place your very nice comments.
Rooms, furnishment, amenities, location, reception service and all.
I am truly happy to have heard your compliments and I will pass them on to my staff.
This is what motivates us most, having feedback from our guests such as yours.

I sincerely hope you could stay longer.
Let’s say you can take this as a reason why you should come back to Istanbul and stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you or your friends & family for future visits.

Best Regards

Tripoli, Libya
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A very nice place to stay with a great view and not to forget to mention the staff, Hazal piskin was a very helpful member there, of course i loooooooooooved the breakfast it was really good " an open buffet " a lot of different choices and very clean too, really hope to make a visit there again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

Greetings from Pera Istanbul.

Thank you very much for taking time to place such wonderful comments with our breakfast and staff.
We at the Radisson Blu’s believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Therefore we want it to be like a feast to our beloved guests.
This is why we developed a concept called ‘Super Breakfast Buffet’ as a brand concept of Radisson Blu.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again would you ever travel to Istanbul.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Overall our three night stay was fantastic. As Gold members, we were upgraded to Business Class rooms and given free daily breakfast. The breakfast spread was incredible and all very fresh. They had multiple stations that included fresh cheeses and salads, hot items, pastries, smoothies and cook-to-order waffles and omelets. I really can't say enough good things about the breakfast. Our room was also incredible and had a view looking out to the river, as well as multiple mosques. It was absolutely stunning at night. Highlights of the room included a fabulously comfortable bed, a Nespresso machine, excellent water pressure and a great selection of TV channels. Housekeeping was immaculate.

A few pros:
1) Hotel gym is one of the best I've encountered. It has everything you would ever find in a large gym and has state-of-the-art equipment.
2) The pool is beautiful.
3) Anytime we needed ice or Nespresso pods for the room, they were delivered within 5 minutes.
4) The piano player in the bar/lounge area is a nice touch at Happy Hour.
5) The Business Class room is very well-designed and has a great layout. Lots of attention to detail.

A few minor cons:
1) It's still relatively new and a lot of cab drivers seem to have no idea where it is
2) We had to ask two times for more Nespresso pods since those were not refilled by Housekeeping
3) A couple of the bartenders were borderline rude. One in particular was not patient and was hesitant to give us the Happy Hour price (25% off) even though we were within the Happy Hour limitations.
4) The lobby is a bit small and can quickly get crowded.
5) While the pool is incredible, it is a bit on the smaller side.

Room Tip: An upgrade to a Business Class room may be worth the price, especially if there is a breakfast packa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this review, December 4, 2013

Greetings from Pera Istanbul.

First of all, thank you for taking time to place your wonderful reviews so that other travelers may have a better idea what to expect. Also such a constructive feed back as yours we can benefit from.
Obviously I am very glad that you enjoyed the amenities and our brand promise Club Carlson Membership benefits are fully honoured and appreciated by our guests.
A confy bed with well-equipped room with view, good housekeeping and breakfast services are basically what makes a hotel remarkable. We will keep the ball high for our guests.

About Nespresso capsules and bartender service, I will make sure that we will improve our service.
Currently, there are 4 Radisson Blu Hotels in Istanbul and 2 more to come in a few months.
As we just opened our hotel 4 months ago, not all of the 18K taxi drivers in the city are yet familiar with our location; hope they will soon.
This is one of the reasons why we attach a hotel’s card with address and a kroki behind for our guests to use.

All in all, I trust that you would recommend and stay with us again would you ever travel to Istanbul.

mumbai
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked this hotel based on ratings given by travellers on trip-advisor. Booking was made online through Expedia. On check-in, reception person took about 10 minutes to locate my booking. Bell boy was quick to unload language from vehicle. Reception and restaurant is narrow and small. Room size is just sufficient.

Location of hotel is very good. It is centrally located and is near istaklal street and Taksim Square. Metro station is about 300 meters. From some of the rooms one can have view of creek. Hotel is on main rood and about 20-25 minutes drive from Ataturk airport.

Rooms are tastefully decorated with ultra modern facilities. Lots of mirror is used in room to give big look. TV was big and latest one. Room service was quick. Shower was excellent.

Restaurant had great choices. Live counter was best and chef was able to understand English language. Bar tender was very friendly, spoke English very well and shared good information about city and country.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Pera Istanbul.

Thank you for pointing the pros that I totally agree with you.
Yes, our location, connectivity, rooms and amenities, breakfast and lounge service are mostly appreciated by our guests as you may have read from previous Tripadvisor reviews.
Sorry for not locating your reservation at once, I wish we could do it right at beginning.

At the end of your stay, I believe it was a pleasent one and I sincerely hope that we can host you again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 28, 2013

A well positioned, well appointed hotel with actually very good onsite service until the check-out /billing nightmare started!

On checkout at ~10pm at night, I noticed a double charge on my bill for a dinner which was obvious to any reasonable person- the front office manager could not retrieve the dinner record so at the insistence of the staff, I reluctantly agreed to pay the bill with the promise that a refund would be instituted and new invoice sent to me ASAP thereafter, once accounting has been consulted in the morning.... I should never have agreed as the rest has been a circus!!!

Day have passed, several e-mails exchanged and i) many days later, an incorrect invoice/folio has now been sent to me ii) I am told I need to return the original invoice to them (WHY ON EARTH THIS IS NEEDED I WILL NEVER KNOW????) iii) I've now been informed that a credit card refund will take ~ 3 weeks! I'm a very frequent traveller and on occasion, a technical/billing issue can occur- this usually takes < 5 mins to resolve but not at the Radisson who insist on making this my problem.

Frankly, these chaps couldn't run a barber shop leave alone an entire hotel and I'd strongly advise travellers against using this establishment- all you will encounter is pain and agony. If you are forced to, CHECK YOUR BILL CAREFULLY AND DO NOT PAY UNTIL ALL IS RESOLVED BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MoKad
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pera Istanbul and thank you for taking time to place your reviews to Tripadvisor.

As we have been having correspondences with you since your departure, I once more would like to extend my sincere apologies for the very simple mistake done at your check out process.
To brief, it was an interface error that we faced for a few hours which ended up with a double charge of restaurant expenses to a few of room accounts.
As soon as we realized it, we fixed it the day after. We corrected the invoice, charged back the amount to your credit card.
Varying from country to interbank contracts, this process may take a maximum 3 weeks which does not necessarily mean it will for sure take 3 weeks. We handled it in 3 days for you.
We have to fully comply with local fiscal acts and asking the incorrect invoice back via air-post was a must on our side.
I understand that different countries may have different fiscal applications; this is what we have in Turkey.

I sincerely hope that we did it right at the very beginnig and would not go through all of this hassle, not waste your valuable time and not frustrate one of our precious guests.

Apart from this unique experience at check out, I know that your stay was a very good one.

I wish that this experience would not harm your trust towards us and sincerely wish to have chance to host you again with a smooth stay.

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It is an amazing hotel to stay at! The staff is very helpful and also at your service with a big smile. The location is amazing with just 5 minute walk to Istiklal Street (the most happening street in Istanbul)!!

Everything was amazing about this place!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the waterfront! It has an amazing view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Salute from Pera Istanbul.

Well, I could not have define our hotel and service in such a short form; who we are, what we offer.
Thank you very much for doing it. This gives us strength and motivation to strive for better.
A big thank you.