“Almost perfect but falls a little short”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera
Ranked #104 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The newest Radisson in Istanbul is well situated with an easy walk to shopping in Taksim or a short taxi ride to the historic sights. The rooms are modern and spacious. Fantastic bathrooms with lots of counter space. The staff takes the Radisson "Yes I Can" motto very seriously, maybe a bit too seriously since it seemed someone was always checking to make sure I was happy and comfortable! The clientele was very diverse, from every continent and included a mixture of business travelers, tourists and families. Nice gym, spa and indoor pool but it looks like they are rarely used. There are a few things that stopped me from giving this a higher rating and almost pushed it lower.

The flaws.
-The "King bed" is really two twins just shoved together. And yes, they do move easily so unless you sleep like a mummy expect to fall between the mattresses. The best linens in the world don't help you sleep well if major body parts are trapped between beds.

-They need to fix the reception area. It is so small guests sit at the reception desk chairs.
The staff wanted me to check in with a stranger sitting at the same desk with me.
He was just "hanging out" and I was not comfortable providing passport details, credit cards, etc that close to a stranger. Definitely not at a 5 star hotel where privacy and security should be a top concern of the owner. Adding a few chairs near the concierge desk and sending people there to sit would work wonders.

-The breakfast buffet is not worth the $35 (70TL) price. It was not included in my room rate and I can't believe I paid for that. Nice variety of breads but limited variety of everything else.
My healthy egg white omelet was swimming in oil and turned out to have nothing in it except egg whites; the other ingredients did not make it into the mix. The bacon was charred. I tried to save it with no luck. Everything just looked unappealing. Unless breakfast is included in your room rate give it a miss. The dinner and bar menus were much better.

Room Tip: Ask for even numbered rooms for a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Spoiledtravelguy
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

We will definitely take it into consideration since we are in an endless process of evaluating our services and products relying on guest feedback such as yours.
For the lobby lay out, we are working on alternate solutions to provide more guest privacy while creating more space for waiting guests.
We provide an option of advance purchase of €10 breakfast package per person on our web sales.
For those who think they would need to include the breakfast, this is a widely preferred option.
By this way, for others who may not choose to have breakfast with their rates, we offer a discounted rate on Room Only bases.

Finally, thank you very very much for your compliments with our staff. I will happily pass your recognition.

We hope to have you back with us if you ever plan a visit to Istanbul again.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel end of August 2013. Everything was up to our expectations. Staff were very helpful, attended to our requirements first time round, and spoke very well English. Breakfast was also very good with a vast selection of food.
Location is very close to the main shopping street (Istiklal Street) and to the main Taksim square. Within 5 min walk from the Galata Tower

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the front of the hotel to get a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice words on our location, facilities, services and staff.
Apart from physical aspects (location, rooms, furniture etc) we are trying every way to improve our service everyday.
Your compliments tell us that we have achieved a part of it.

Looking forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August & really enjoyed how close it was to the Center of Istanbul. One of my favorite things about the Hotel is the jacuzzi & pool spa area. It's nice to be able to relax and take a swim in the middle of a bustling metropolis like Istanbul. The Hotel itself is extremely clean & well organized and the staff was very helpful. The Concierge Staff gave me recommendations on good places to visit in the City. Bahar Sak was especially helpful. I don't think I would have seen as much of Istanbul without her advice on restaurants, shops, nightlife, & tours. I would love to thank Radisson Blu Pera for making my first visit to Istanbul a memorable one!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Akis68ny

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking time to place your reviews.
It was an honour to have you as our guest here.
I’ll definately share your nice comments with my staff.
Sincerely hope to have you or your family & friends for your future lodging in Istanbul.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at this fantastic hotel in August and had a wonderful experience. It was super clean, brand new, the staff was very informative and friendly, everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful in any way they can. Central location within walking distance to some of the city's most sought after restaurants, bars and venues. Most of all I was very impressed with the service we received from the personnel. They went out of their way to keep us happy with their attentiveness and suggestions. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone that will be in town either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Okan_Karadag, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Istanbul Pera, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would kindly thank you so much for sharing your kind comments on Trip Advisor.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and your stay with us.

Looking forward to having you back here.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

the reception staff was extremly friendly helpful,
Cansu was really helpful
I was in İstanbul for 4 days with My friends and we had so much fun... We found this Hotel in the internet... The area is perfect for everything. İts close to the metro station 7 minutes By walking.. The reception staff was extremly helpful and always smiling. The concierge staff is really professional. They recommend us good places like Night clubs restaurants shops or even tours... I would recommend you the old city tour.. The breakfast Buffet is really nice... Thank you for everything Radisson blu Pera..
Could you post this

Room Tip: Ask Cansu :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your great comments on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service and our team.
Your comments will be shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel during August for 6 nights and enjoyed the hotel very much. Special thanks to Kilic, Ilgaz and Eyyup for being very attentive and helpful in each detail and request.

Very professional rest of the staff! Stayed in different hotels in Turkey (Istanbul and other regions) and I can surely say that this was the best service I've ever seen.

Drawbacks: August seemed very busy and there is a flow of tourists, especially from a specific part of the world. Although its good for business of hotel, the hotel staff sometimes asked to wait to enter cafeteria for breakfast in the mornings. So imagine a line of 6-8 ppl waiting to eat breakfast at a particular time. There also was once a case, where using spa was not possible to some of the kids 'spoiling' the water content of jacuzzi and nice swimming pool. However, the staff members were very sorry for that problem and fixed it the next day.

Food is a little pricey if you would like to eat or drink something extra, but that must be a normal thing for Radisson chain. Overall, we had a great experience, and its being close to istiklal street was also positive side. Rooms designed with complete isolation of voice, even if its located at relatively busy road leading to Taksim square from Shishhane metro.

Would definitely recommend to those who want to spend some good time in a new hotel. Breakfast is great! Would recommend to hotel to use the bar area for breakfast too, when there is no space in the cafe. Waiting to enter cafe to eat was not that pleasant.

Room Tip: - If you want a nice view take upper floors - Summer time (July-August) try to come to breakfast ea...

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your observations on Tripadvisor.

We try evey way to get advantage of any constructive feed back from our guests.
We take it seriously to learn, evaluate and adapt our products & services.
We took measures to extend the breakfast hall and act more proactively with the parents of our young guests to provide more space and privacy to other guests willing to use Spa services.

It was a pleasure hosting you and I hope we may have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Radisson Blu for 8 nights. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff (particularly Kilic) who were incredibly kind, helpful, generous and available. Even though it was a larger hotel, everyone went out of their way to make us feel as though we were the only guests they had! The spa and fitness center are just beautiful and the breakfast buffet . . . well, you have to experience it (it's amazing!!). I had such a wonderful time in Istanbul and a huge part of what made the trip so special was the hospitality of the Radisson Blu staff. Thank you again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Stacey,

First of all thank you very much for your kind words.
That’s very kind of you to assist us recognize the level of our service.

I’m truly proud to have received such compliments as yours.
I’ll share your feed back with my fellow team members on your behalf.
I must thank you for being such communacative and kind with our staff too.
Every one front of the house remembers you with your energic smile and positive attitude towards them.

Sincerely hope to welcome you and your friend back with us when you have a chance to visit Istanbul again.

All the best,