Review Highlights
Turkish delight

This is the oldest pastry shop in Istiklal. Personnel spoke English and gave us free trials so... read more

Reviewed August 30, 2019
X8181RSannaa
Malta
via mobile
Best loukoums in town!

This nice shop is one of the oldest for türkish delights in Istanbul. The loukoums were delightful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Hélèna J
Saint-Maur-des-Fosses, France

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $10.11
from $28.00
from $8.14
from $56.16
More Info
All reviews turkish delight hard candy istiklal street pistachio lokum delights shop souvenirs taksim
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

will get tasty Turkish delights, i like pistachio flavor. since 1777 they are in Istanbul. we can get all flavor of Turkish Delight it is on main road of Istikaal street, Taksim

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I visited this small shop for it's history as I'd seen it on TV but was disappointed. The staff have no interest in serving you, helping you choose or even acknowledging your existence! They seem to think their reputation will be enough. Nothing was priced and when I asked I got a one word answer from a surly man. The younger man was more interested in his phone than serving the several customers in the shop. The old man on the till just snatched my money and didn't even look at me never mind say thank you. There are many more lokum (Turkish Delight) shops in Istanbul so just look at this one from the outside and walk on.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

I'm a Turkish Delights lover. Since a friend of mine gave me one to taste it, they are my favourite treats. According to that, I was looking the best ones in Istanbul and... I found it in Haci Bekir! You can buy some in so many places but no ones like in here.

Not being able to choose just one flavour, I went for the mixed box that you can see in the picture attached in this comment.

Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

This is the oldest pastry shop in Istiklal.
Personnel spoke English and gave us free trials so that we could make up our mind.
We did go to other pastry shops before this one as they were very busy, thinking those were the best, but personnel didn't speak English and didn't have time to try to understand or explain to us about the pastries.
Haci Bekir was all that we were expecting. Nice packaging. Prices were the same us other shops.
Turkish delight or Loukoum is delicious and a must. Perfect for a gift to bring back home.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

I've had my fair share of packaged Turkish delight (lokum) from airports, stores in the United States, friends' souvenirs, etc. I thought I didn't like Turkish delight (which is baffling because I love the texture of mochi and sugar is a universal good in my stomach).

These Turkish delights were truly top notch fresh. The pistachio is the best!!! The rose is a close second. Definitely ask to try them! They will likely give you a sample to try while you wait for them to package your stuff as well.

I came here twice in one trip to Istanbul. The first time was pretty empty, so the group I went with had many samples and the staff was super friendly. The second time I went by myself and there were some other patrons, so I had to be a bit aggressive in catching to attention of one of the workers. It felt a bit more rushed and less enjoyable of an experience. However, they were still fairly priced and provided a reusable bag (I think you receive it if you order at least 2kg).

I would definitely come again and recommend to all of my friends visiting!

Note: The person who packed my lokum was a bit younger and understood just enough English (didn't understand when I said "assorted" or "1 kilogram" so I had to say 1000 grams) but the previous person understood English perfectly.

Date of experience: July 2019