“A Rare Treat in Istanbul: Excellent Ethnic Food!”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #2,957 of 14,235 Restaurants in Istanbul
Description: On top of Shiva nightclub near Istiklal.
Description: On top of Shiva nightclub near Istiklal.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Anyone who has spent much time trying to find good non-Turkish restaurants in Istanbul knows the sad truth that such eateries basically don't exist. I've been disappointed by Chinese, Thai, and Indian already, so I was skeptical about Habesha despite the good word of mouth reviews I've heard. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Habesha, however. Finding the restaurant on Ekrem Sokak isn't difficult, though the entry to the restaurant itself is a bit odd--you enter a club called She-va and then take a staircase up to the second floor to get to the restaurant. Once there, however, I found myself in a nicely decorated room. There were few other customers eating while I was there, though I was a bit early for dinner (around 6 pm on a weeknight). As a vegetarian, I ordered the yesom bebianeto, a veggie sampler platter, which was absolutely delicious. At around 20 TL for my dish, I also thought it was quite reasonably priced for Taksim-area food. For those looking for a drink with dinner, the restaurant also serves alcohol. All in all, I can't wait to go back!

3  Thank L R