“Turkey at its Best”

Erol Savda-Private Day Tours
Ranked #159 of 408 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Step-by-step istanbul tours. All you need is strong feet , tram tokens and me. We will see all the highlights and off-the-beaten-paths of istanbul. You will be able to dine like licals do; you will be able to shop like sultans
boulder, colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Turkey at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I spent three weeks in Turkey, and two of those with Erol Savda as our OAT guide. While we began our tour at Sultanahmet Square, our trip was much more extensive. Erol was wonderfully knowledgeable, no matter where we were, and tried to answer some of those hard questions we put to him. I respect his honesty and his endurance. Putting up with a group of 12 for two full weeks, being at our beckon call, dealing with the ups and downs of a road trip and varied activities, is hard, and he managed well. At the end of two weeks my friend and I stayed an extra week in Istanbul. Because of him we had a good feel for the city and he gave me a taste of what it is like to live in Turkey, a world away from my American home. We actually met up with him that last week, and he was at it again, introducing a new group of visitors to the city he loves.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank rigsby_8

Colorado Springs
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Erol is a fabulous guide - have worked with him for many years since 1999!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Erol is a fabulous and extremely thorough guide. Easy to talk to, laugh with, have fun with, knows the city like his hometown.....which Istanbul IS for him after all!

I have worked with him on several of our group bookings for several years starting in 1999 to the present and would not hesitate to work with him with our groups anywhere in Istanbul or in Turkey!

Lovely guy! ......can't wait to see him again on my next visit to Istanbul!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DealinDoug
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing Istanbul !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I spent two full days of touring with Erol Savda in early Feb. 2013. Erol is a great guide. His knowledge of history, art and culture brought the amazing historical attractions in Istanbul to life.
He is personable, fun and he knows his city ! We only had three days and four nights to spend in this rich city and do to his excellent planning skills and knowledge of schedules, traffic and tour pacing we saw everything we had hoped to see and more !! We had a memorable lunch of freshly caught fish on the Bosphrus watching the boats float by and feeding the cats ! (not to mention the Raki !) He went out of his way to ensure the comforts of both myself and my husband and I would tour with Erol anytime !

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tmaburke
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Erol made our tour of Istanbul a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I found Erol through google and through his personal website. His credientals looked great and we decided to use his services while our cruise ship was in Istanbul for a day and a half. We couldn't have been happier. Erol picked us up promptly at our ship and had his driver whisk us off to our first sites. Our first day we toured a small mosque, the Topkapi Palace, and the Basilica Cistern. Erol then took us a fabulous restaurant that he recommended where we had a wonderful traditional Turkish dinner. The second day Erol again promptly picked us up at the ship and we toured the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and the spice market and grand bazaar. Then with Erol's recommendation we toured some areas of Istanbul where tourists don't usually go. We saw some traditional Muslim areas, Greek Orthodox areas, and the upscale new city of Istanbul. Erol was the perfect guide. His English is great and he is a wealth of information about the city and the cultures. He is great at recommending places to go based on what you want to do. (I wanted a nice backgammon set so Erol took us a nice reputable shop). Erol knows the city well and also knows the food well. We would constantly stop at small shops to taste the local foods and delicacies. I would highly recommend that if you're in Istanbul you give Erol a call. He made our trip so much more than we could have imagined.

Visited February 2013