“Walkabout Tours was the best decision made in Istanbul.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 402 Tours in Istanbul
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Walkabout Tours was the best decision made in Istanbul.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have to admit, I am very skeptical of tour agencies and would never dream of using one as I have always thought I could do it better and cheaper (yes, the ego) when planning an itinerary. Walkabout Tours completely changed my mind. I walked in randomly one day just to enquire about a few places and was met by a friendly and smiling Ozge. I told her about my time in Turkey and she adviced I would best be seeing other parts of Turkey as my time there was quite long. She was right. I told her about the places I would like to go and the suitable dates and in seconds she pulled together an itenerary that sounded a perfect fit. I was very impressed.

The price quoted was very fair I thought (do bear in mind summer will be more expensive). In no time, I was on my 3 day 3 nights trip to Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia. The trip went extremely smoothly and I was thoroughly happy with what I was getting for what I paid for. The only minor hiccup on my part is falling into the trap of buying an expensive souvenier in one of 'tourist factories' the tour has partnered with. I loved what I brought but realized in the town in Pamukkale that it was much, much cheaper. But perhaps less new. Anyway, it's not so much of a regret.

Overall, I would highly and strongly recommend Walkabout to anyone whose looking to use the services of tour agency in Istanbul. On retrospect, it would have been near impossible for me to plan those places by my own given the challenging logistics that is quite unlike other parts of Europe. Not only are the people in Walkabout very experienced and professional, they also throw in a personal touch in dealing with their clients. That won me over and I feel as though I could always go back to see them even for a chat.

On a different but somehow related experience, I got to know Murat, who showed me around Istanbul on two different occasions after work hours. He is very passionate and knowledgable about the city and I feel very luck to have learned so much and see so much of Istanbul because of him. So to sum it up, that random walk into Walkabout remains the best decision made in Istanbul.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Tour of Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a great experience with Walkabout, with all the friendly helpful staff, special thanks to Murat for assisting with the whole process and recommending a trip highlight in Goreme (Urgup Hot Air Balloon)
They organised a perfect trip around Turkey that suited our budget and time constraints. It was one of the best trips I've ever taken.
We covered Cappadocia, Olympos, the Blue cruise, Fethiye, pamukkale, ephesus, gallipoli and troy.
All our travel, connections, accommodation, tours and half board most days included in the price for a more reasonable price than I could organise by myself.

It was all go for the trip with very little downtime but we knew that going in, sleeping on buses leaves you pretty tired. Myself and my partner agree its the best trip we've ever taken.

One bit of advice, spend at least one night in Olympos

Visited July 2012
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“I strongly recommend this travel agency to everyone from all around the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was traveling with my dad and just got into Walkabout travel agency randomly to get an information about tram, just like how others did. Actually in the first time when I got there, i didn't expect that much, but seriously everyone there was so nice,kind and helpful!!! We got offered a very good trip program to Pamukkalae and Ephesus in a very good price! Especially I strongly recommend Murat Kacmaz, who was very helpful and gave a lot of good information while i was in Istanbul. They made my trip in Turkey wonderful!

Visited March 2012
Casablanca, Morocco
“Trip in Istanbul”

About istanbul:
This is a magical city, both modern and authentic, a city with a large population of various nationalities which gives its charm ..
it is 4 times that I go to Istanbul and I am not tired to go .. I love this city and I advise everyone wanting to go to a city both peaceful (Bosphorus cruise, islands princesses ...) and active (nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, festivals ...)
There are many malls for shopping enthusiasts (like me;)) with a very good price quality and style ...

Visited May 2012
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“One week trip - Istanbul to Marmaris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Whilst on holiday with my father in Istanbul - we popped into Walkabout Travel randomly to enquire about heading to Gallipoli whilst wandering around Sultanahmet.

Ozge assisted us from the Walkabout agency. She was extremely helpful, not only did she assist us with our planned trip to Gallipoli but she also booked a one-week trip for us from Gallipoli down to Ephesus; Pamukkale all the way down to Marmaris on the Med Coastline.

The entire trip including our hotel bookings; day tours; transfers and bus rides was organised seamlessly - we did not have to worry about a thing, which was fantastic for my Father being his first trip to Europe - we did not have to worry about a thing.

All of the staff at Walkabout have been helpful,and not only that remembered us. I have since travelled back to Turkey again in 2012 and have popped in to say hello, and have some apple tea. I would not hesitate to recommend to Ozge and the rest of the staff at Walkabout travel and when I am next back in Istanbul in the future, will certainly be going straight there for any assistance.

Visited June 2012