“Not as close to airport as advertised”

Ramada Plaza Istanbul Tekstilkent
Ranked #266 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Brentwood, California
“Not as close to airport as advertised”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night before a flight back from Istanbul. The hotel is brand new and beautiful. The staff is very friendly. The room we got was well furnished and clean. I really liked the fact that the bathroom has a shower instead of the normal tub with hose that most European hotels offer. The rooms are quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Another plus is that if you have a car the hotel provides free valet parking.
Now the negatives: the prices for the room service items and food in the restaurant are ridiculously expensive. I mean $9 for a beer and about $13 for a cheeseburger (that was good but not great) is a joke. Another thing, the hotel is not as close to the airport as some postings would have you believe. Its about 11 km and can take about 30 minutes depending on the traffic. Fortunately there is a shuttle from the hotel.
All in all, if I am in Istanbul I will probably go back to this hotel but will definitely dine somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Since I had a mid-night flight from Istanbul before I finished my trip to Turkey, I decided to stay one night at this modern hotel which is located near Ataturk Airport and at the same time to facilitate me to connect with the Old City and New City easily on the day before I left.

Ramada Plaza Istanbul Tekstilkent is a very new hotel, so it's nicely decorated with a big lobby and a big cafe on the lobby floor. I got a corner room on the 11th floor which was very spacious. Modern designed room with a great and efficient layout, the most was, I got good WiFi signal even inside my room and it's complimentary. Nice room, spacious bathroom and open view, that's all I got from Ramada Plaza Istanbul Tekstilkent for my last night in Turkey for my 2013 Turkey trip. Harika!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious and having bigger windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Ronbutler
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Plus: top class hotel, nice rooms, friendly service, good choice for breakfast
Minus: there's no real minus except for the location, if you need to go to the city centre. It takes 20 min cab (35 Liras) to get to the hotel from the Ataturk airport and at least 30 min (45 Liras) to drive to the city centre (Taksim)

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank EnricoZ74
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Once you enter your room you feel that you will spend nice time in this hotel, great expereince.modern furniture in a large room,coffee corner, beutiful bathroom, Comfortable bed, sofa for sitting, smart lighting system, clean everything, But very far from everything in the city.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Monzer100
Rome, Italy
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is new and very very nice. It's restaurant has very good food but it's expansive and the cafè bar too (5 euro an espresso, and 6 euro a cappuccino.. pure madness). it's very far from the old city, 40 minutes by car. I didn't think it was a problem so much distance because the hotel organise a shuttle bus. 3 rides a day which is good apart from the fact that the way back is not garantee. I was drop at the old city by the shuttle in the morning, I wanted to come back 3 hours later because I had an appointment, so the shuttle suppouse to arrive at 13.30 and leave at 13.35. At 13.15 I was at the bus stop waiting for it. I waited 2 hours, no shuttle came at all! I called the hotel, I talked to the manager and he told me that they don't garantee the shuttle for the return, he told me the driver was there but nobody was at the bus stop. That was a big lie, he never came, he never stop, and even if he passed how could he ever see me if at the stop were a lots of big buses always stopping, coming and going away. The worst thing is that they don't tell you that the shuttle is not garantee for the way back, so you could have a good surprise, paying a taxi 20 euro! When I came back, the manager seems like he didn't care, didn't ask sorry at all. I wouldn't come back just because of this, too far and depending just on the shuttle is too risky

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jane_1234187791
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It is a very nice new hotel in Istanbul. Because it located closer to the airport than to the main tourists attractions, I would recommend it more for business trips instead of sightseeing.
The room was amazing. Huge and comfortable bed (I wish I could take it home with me), clean bathroom with big shower. There was also an iron in the room. Breakfast was really good.
Front desk staff was extremely nice. Well, all I can say is that I really enjoyed my stay :)
The only suggestion I have is that on the day you check-out and you don't have to get up early, put up the "do not disturb" sign, otherwise the cleaning staff may wake you up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MLenaW
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good business hotel, close to the textile hub of Istanbul as the name said. Shuttle to town center and airport but check timetable as It does not run all the time. A bit far away from town. Good breakfast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business