“Friendly staff, good location”
Review of New Pera Hotel

and 1 more site!
New Pera Hotel
Ranked #111 of 1,219 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Darwin, Australia
“Friendly staff, good location”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice, boutique hotel right in the action. The staff are fantastic. Very friendly and helpful. There were a couple of minor issues with wifi and aircon during my stay and these were promptly fixed. Location is good with many attractions in easy walking distance. The only reason I would not stay again is the noise. About all the hotel could do is fit double glazing/insulation but the area is very, very noisy all night, every night.

Room Tip: I would not recommend 401. It's on a corner of the building and is very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JackDarwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in a studio with a really nice terrace which I sadly used only once. As other guests have remarked, the rooms are very well equipped, little departments! I also appreciated the end of the day talks with both the staff members I got the chance to meet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice modern clean hotel with nice personal and good location for young couple looking for clubbing and night life. Walking distance to Taksim and Galata bridge. Famous Istiklal street is 5 minutes from hotel.

This hotel is not good choice for parents with childrens becouse of very noisy neighborhood of clubs and discos of Beyoglu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Graz, Austria
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The personell is exceptionally friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and nice and well equipped. The location is very central to the main shopping street, to busses, metro, etc. would stay there again any time!

It is a bit noisy due to some clubs in the surroundings but bring your earplugs and it is ok!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ATHENS
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After almost a century I was lucky to visit for work Constantinople, the city where my family home and Itaka has been for centuries until 1922 when my father's family was forced to leave - exchange of populations. Of course all is different now in scale but also substance. This I have felt particularly the last day, Friday, when the chemicals and tear gas aggressively attacked my respiratory system and eyes in the Metro station of Taxim as the revolt of the young Turks has just started, following the brutal attack of police on the streets on peaceful demonstrators. Again I felt like home as I fast recognised the scent and pain inflicted by the same weapons used against the Greeks fighting for their future and lost dreams at Sintagma square for months.The apartments clean, just as in the pictures, well equipped, recently renovated. The position is optimal, since the apartments are next to bars, clubs, restaurants, shopping high streets, and two steps literally from the means of transport. However, this place was meant to be unique for me as the people who owned it treated me not as a gust but as a friend from the past, a brother. Open minds, warm hearts and friendship was offered during my stay peaking on the second day when all of the tenants went out for drinks and night fun. I shared all my passions and dreams, adventures of my past and expectations for my future with Goenul and Mehmet as we came so close so quick! Do visit and take the opportunity to immerse in the real every day life of Taxim, travel with the sounds and scents of the East, whether ona trip for sightseeing, shopping or business - as I were. Punctuality, service without limit coming natural to the owners, but above all real people who are trained to give, but also enjoy the job they are doing. Believe me traveling for business I have not encountered this magnificent blend anywhere else the last 30 years. The city is a monster, just oversized, hardly any green, but has its sweet enchanting magic. As I have mentioned already, for me is the people who count, and at New Pera suites the owners and tenants I met were jewel;s to treasure. Specific pleasures include the home cooked tailored breakfasts, the in-depth guidance to where to go, eat, and enjoy your stay by Goelun and actual company of my brother Mehmet. Fresh people and ideas combined with the right ambiance. Some might complain about the noise from the clubs just opposite and around, but who will choose to stay in the heart of Taxim for sleeping peacefully and relaxing away from cars and market sounds. If that is what you are looking for just look for another place in the outskirts 30-40 kms away since Constrantinople is vibrant, noisy too much some times. It has been a locvely experience and made friends I hope for life; I shall eb going back only to stay at New Pera Suites as I miss every singly moment of my trip there and want to have time to discover the enchanting secrets of my home town.

Room Tip: Do not miss out on the breakfast...mouthwatering fresh!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed in New Pera Suites for 5 nights. Location of this hotel is very very suitable. It's easy to reach main shopping mall using subway station in Taksim (about 7 minutes walk from new pera suites). Sultanahmet district is also not far.
The most interesting thing about New Pera suites is that it's located near the biggest bars and pubs with live popular turkish music perfomance! It's what you definitely need to try!
Our room was absolutely good and comfortable. Big up and respect to Mehmet and Gönül for their hospitality. They did their job well and also always helped us and answered all the molestful questions about istanbul that we asked=) Big thanks to New Pera Suites, absolutey recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

just returned home from IST one of my favorite cities ever:) I go there often and stayed in many places but I think NEW PERA is my new favorite. Perfect location in the heartbeat of Beyoglu district - amazing for eating and nightlife and steps away from shopping on Istiklyal Caddesi so you have endless entertainment. I had a really cute studio that was perfectly clean and included a little kitchen area and was very comfortable. They looked after simple yet thoughtful details to make it a comfortable and charming little home away from home. Thanks to the whole staff who is warm and welcoming and goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience in their city. Mehmet and Gonul are awesome hosts and dont forget the breakfast or at least a frappe while you are there :) really cool place and good people for sure I will be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo