“Circle Istanbul...Not to be Missed”
Review of Circle Istanbul

Circle Istanbul
Ranked #44 of 431 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Circle Istanbul is a 360° look at the world’s most complex city, seen from the sidewalks, cafes, hilltops, and doorsteps. Expect to spend your day away from the tour buses, museums, crowds and souvenir shops - we'd rather show you the ENTIRE city as the locals see it! Allow us to present our Istanbul, the real Istanbul.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just got back from a trip to Turkey and so glad that Cenen of Medhills travel recommended taking this tour...it was wonderful. We saw places and ate things we wouldn't have on our own. What a great idea to show visitors to Turkey what an unusual country it is.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I lucked into this wonderful well planned culture,food and people full day SMALL grp tour.It was wonderful and included NO usual tourist sights,( one of my 5th Istanbul trip goals).We had our own minivan but also walked and took a ferry. We ate and sampled and tasted everywhere, all new tastes...on both Asian side and European side. We were compatible small grp ,had a lovely day led by wonderful Polat that culminated in an outside dinner of fish, many courses , merriment ,wine and mezes to remember. All tastes ,meals except for alcohol covered by registration fee. Ill never forget my Circle Istanbul day. .

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked Circle Istanbul as a private tour for two, as our itinerary didn't allow us to go on a regularly scheduled tour day. Email contact with Cenan was very quick, easy and professional and gave us a good impression even before we arrived in Istanbul.

Our guide, Polat, picked us up at our hotel and we spent the day walking, talking and eating. The eating - there is not a more unique perspective that you can get from a city than through its food. Finding yourself on a side street in a neighbourhood without any other foreigners in a shop that sells only things that are pickled (cabbage, plums, garlic, carrots, you name it) - that's not something you do every day! The Turkish coffee, baklava, the lamb intestines, the freshly shucked mussels, the giant baked potato and (the highlight) the fish sandwich cart next to the Golden Horn. I could go on, but all of this food talk is making me hungry.

It might seem like an expensive tour when you book, but trust me, there is so much value. We didn't have to open our wallets all day, everything was taken care of from transportation (taxi, tram, whatever we needed) to all the food we could possibly try, to the cruise on the Bosphorous with a beer or two.

There are four things to keep in mind when booking this tour:
Don't have a big breakfast, you'll regret it, you'll probably skip dinner as well.
Wear the most comfortable shoes you have, the day is spent on your feet.
Try everything, and if you are a vegetarian, don't worry - you will have more than enough things to eat :)
Do this first thing when you arrive in Istanbul - we didn't and regretted not being able to go back and eat at some of the great spots and visit some of the things we found that day.

Highly enjoyable and we'd do it again if we have the chance to return.

1  Thank KT-BRT
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you want to get a feel of the real Istanbul this is a must. Polat is fantastic, his knowledge and easy manner made a great day, nothing was to much trouble for him. Lots of walking, talking, seeing, learning and eating. Exploring out of the way places and seeing how the locals live really bought the city alive. We were very lucky in that there were only two of us with Polat on the day which certainly made the day a very personal experience, thanks Polat.
David P
Melbourne, Australia.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Not someone to have ever taken part in an organised a tour, this one was exceptional.
On Circle Istanbul tour I have seen parts of Istanbul that I would have never discovered on my own.

I have found out how people live and feel in this great city, again no guide books are going to tell you that.

You are going to walk a lot, eat weird stuff and make friends - on my tour it was only 9 people - nice!