“Circle Istanbul is a highlight” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Circle Istanbul

Circle Istanbul
Ranked #25 of 402 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Circle Istanbul is a 360° look at the world’s most complex city, seen from the sidewalks, cafes, hilltops, and doorsteps. Expect to spend your day away from the tour buses, museums, crowds and souvenir shops - we'd rather show you the ENTIRE city as the locals see it! Allow us to present our Istanbul, the real Istanbul.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Circle Istanbul is a highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was apprehensive about the Circle Istanbul. The name made me think of other city tours, where you ride a red, double-decker bus and listen to a canned speech as you drive around the city. This is nothing like that. Polat took us to MANY places on both the European and Asian sides of Istanbul. We sat on his friends' outdoor patio enjoying the "million dollar view overlooking the Bosphorous", we visited a local music shop (where Polat played drum, improvising with the shop owner playing guitar, and they even convinced me to try the G clarinet used in Turkey), we visited a local artist shop and watched the talented artist demonstrate the Turkish art of marbling paper, we walked, we ate, we enjoyed the hammamm and ended the evening at a roof-top restaurant. It was a splendid time. At the end of the day, I realized that Polat made us feel like we had been with an old friend who wanted to make sure we saw the city of Istanbul in a very real, and personal way. I think each tour can be different. Polat knows many people and places in the city and the tour varies depending on the options available that day, but I'm sure he makes it wonderful for every group. I can't emphasize enough how this was a great way to begin our visit to Turkey. Thank you to Polat for your enthusiasm and to Cenan for encouraging us to take this tour.

1 Thank CalmHouston

“Istanbul from a local's perspective”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I can't really tell you where we went, but I can tell you we ate food I would have never eaten and saw places I would have never seen. I especially loved the 100 year old cafe and the little chairs, plus the couscous spicy stuff in lettuce we ate. very good tour. one suggestion i would have is to have someone read our fortune after we drank the coffee. that would be neat.

Visited June 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

An exceptional way to spend a day getting to know the real Istanbul. An amazing city, with fascinating people and a culture steeped in history, passion and vitality for life.

Long Beach, Ca
3 attraction reviews
“Do it if you can!”

Circle Istanbul Tour
Indeed a different kind of tour. Is like you have a friend and he is taking the day off to show you his city. Not the monuments, that you can do on your own, but the life and sites of every day life, soooo different that your own! Get the full day, you will not regret it.

1 Thank ddariak
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's like a first date with Istanbul and you end up falling in love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Take the Circle Istanbul tour! I can tell you how great it was for me, but its like eating chocolate, I can describe it for you but you just have to taste it for yourself. Worth every penny. There is nothing like spending the day with people who absolutely love their city and who enjoy sharing it with you. Very genuine group of people who welcome you with open arms and are professional and fun. I would follow Polat into a dark alley at midnight thats how safe I felt with him. Oh and if your phone goes dead while you are in the middle of the ocean on a boat, dont you worry they are prepared for that as well. Awesome team!

Visited June 2013