“Golden Horn Tour”

Istanbul On Bike - Tours
Ranked #18 of 136 Outdoor Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul On Bike is the first and only professional guided bike tour of Istanbul. The tour is designed to show you the best of Istanbul - great monuments as well as hidden nooks and crannies – and to give you a taste of its daily life. Several itineraries of different lengths and difficulty are available. Istanbul On Bike is the perfect mix of sightseeing and sport: simply the best way of visiting this amazing city!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I had a 2 day stop over in Istanbul and we wanted to see as much of the city as possible. We have done other bike tours and were quite excited to find Istanbul on Bikes. We booked a private Golden Horn tour with Dario.
We had read that bike tours weren't recommended for Istanbul because of the cobblestone streets and hills. Add to that the crazy traffic and it doesn't seem like a good idea BUT it was great! There are a few hairy moments in traffic at the beginning and end but the majority of this was easy cycling along the waterfront or on side streets. There is one very big hill - with a wonderful view at the end. Definitely worth the climb.
Dario was an excellent guide. Very friendly and informative. He asked us about our interests when we started and we were happy to get all of the history and insights into the places we went.
One of the things we really liked was that this took us away from the main sites. We were often the only tourists around as we traveled through some of the neighbourhoods.
We highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank 20132Jodi
in 6 reviews
"a lot of fun"
"private tour"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"fascinating history"
in 7 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The tour was well guided by Dario. A lot of interesting information about the city and many site-seeing. When someone was tired we stop for a break. Also the boat and lunch were good organised. We also visited some Mosques

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Recently went with my wife on this amazing tour. We really enjoyed it and got to see all of Istanbul's main attraction while enjoying cycling at the same time.

The ride itself was moderate and the guides actually adjust the difficulty and the route according to our level, although we did not cycle for a really long time we managed to spend around 4-5 hours on this tour. The guides were just amazing and flexible. I was accompanied by Dario and Hakan and both were just simply Great.

This definitely is the best way to see Istanbul.

1  Thank Fahd N
Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a keen cycler in the Uk I was keen to get the old bike legs out during a 6 month works secondment to Istanbul. Having spent a couple of weeks in this wonderful city it became apparent that cycling round could be tricky to say the least and dangerous. This was until reading a magazine called Time Out which had an excellent review of fairly new company called istanbulonabike. The review ran through the different tours on offer taking in all the famous sightseeing areas and the non so famous ones as well. I immediately thought this is for me. I e-mailed the founder Cem Balsun who replied ana arranged me on the classic tour taking in the old town of istanbul.

The tour began on a glorious late summer morning at a bike shop kitting us for our tour which included myself two ladies one Turkish one American. After about 15 minutes we were off bike and helmets at the ready. Over the next 3.5 hrs we were given a tour all round old istanbul stopping at the sights including sultanahmet, grand bazaar and roman viaduct. I cannot speak highly enough of Cem the tour guide whose knowledge of istanbul was second to none. The route he took us was very picturesque and a genuinely unique way to see the city.

If your in istanbul this is definitely the way to see the city more than worth half a day of your time. For 50 Euros which included bike hire drinks and snack plus a genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgable guide. I for one will be taking another tour before returning home.

1  Thank Brian E
See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd city bike tour in Europe and I loved every second of it. It is a truly wonderful experience. Not only do you get to see a wonderful variety of historical landmark, you get to rid e through local neighborhoods and see the culture of Istanbul. It is a must for anyone with a adventure pus spirit and an open heart. A private trip is a must as they cater to you and your abilities. We rode to one of the highest points of the city and had a remarkable view of the city scape. Dario was an excellent guide with an immense amount of knowledge! Thank you again.

1  Thank Jleahkaylor