“Cem is the best!”

Istanbul On Bike - Tours
Ranked #14 of 118 Outdoor Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul On Bike is the first and only professional guided bike tour of Istanbul. The tour is designed to show you the best of Istanbul - great monuments as well as hidden nooks and crannies – and to give you a taste of its daily life. Several itineraries of different lengths and difficulty are available. Istanbul On Bike is the perfect mix of sightseeing and sport: simply the best way of visiting this amazing city!
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Cem is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I spent a day with Cem Balsun and we had a truly wonderful time! He knows the city extremely well, and has a good reputation with local merchants, restauranteurs, attraction guards, etc. He saved us from waiting in lines, took us to authentic food venues, and explained the history of the region intelligently. His English is quite good. I am coming back with my family in June, and will have Cem organize our tour as well. You won't be disappointed by this talented guide!

3 Thank Bostonian80

• Turkish first
Mondovi, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Istanbul on Bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had the pleasure of being accompanied by Cem on a guided tour on foot. He was informative and helpful and our trip very successful, we were in experienced hands. I can only imagine the bike tour, but when he informed us that it was also now available I thought that cycling must be an ideal way to visit the city and reveal the magic of Istanbul while at the same time working up an appetite for those delicious and authentic lunches. I plan to re visit so that I can peddle alongside the bosphorous, into Asia and up to the mosques and palaces while taking in the friendly bustle of the markets and bazaars.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Robert D
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Tour with Great Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Istanbul has been on my list for many years. I wanted to make sure that I had time to really see what was worth seeing and avoid lines, etc. Our guide was so knowlegeable on how to manuever the city, had tickets pre-bought for the key sites and we by passed most of the lines. He provided great historical perspective and insight and made it fun in the process. Lot's of laughs and a very relaxed way to see the city.
I would highly recommend this tour if you want to have a great time, relax and see what Istanbul has to offer without any of the hassle.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank william s
London, United Kingdom
“Great Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We used Cem B as our guide for a two day walking tours. He knew the city like the back of his hand. Entry tickets prepurchased so we sailed past the lines and saw everything we wanted to see easily and in good time. Cem's restaurant recommendations were great and we ate very well.
Would certainly use him again.

Visited January 2013
Valencia, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Really satisfied!!! Biking in Istanbul is an adventure: there are no bike lanes so we had to share the road with cars and people. The places we visited were amazing and not the usual tourist stuff. I recommend you take this tour with a group of friends as I did because it's more fun. Considering the price, the tour is absolutely worth it.

Visited December 2012