Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
So satisfying!

I did a whole week of ebru lessons with Bahar (12 hours in total). The time just flew by and I so... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
libgirl22
Ottawa, Ontario
via mobile
An experience of a lifetime!

Being a tourist in Instanbul, I was looking for a place to buy some Ebru art paintings. Luckily, I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Junmie
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $51.09
from $27.25
from $39.73
from $150.00
More Info
All reviews private lesson marbled paper art class few hours turkish art hagia sophia workshop teacher alp belur bahar tulips beginners encouraging artwork activity
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2015

My daughter and I had a fabulous experience during our two days of private marbling classes with Ali and Betul. They are both real masters of many crafts and excellent instructors. The beautiful artwork that filled their studio was inspiring. We have long admired Turkish crafts and were thrilled to get such great instruction in marbling. Ali and Betul were very generous about giving us extra time to experiment with the techniques we had learned after the hours of the official course were over. I hope that one day I can return and learn to do tile painting.

Our time at the studio was so much more than just a class. Ali and Betul treated us as guests and invited us for tea on their beautiful rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque. Their warmth, openness, and generosity made the time with them the highlight of our stay in Istanbul. This is an experience not to be missed in Istanbul

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

We planned a 2 hour class in the morning, but unfortunately due to traveling and jet lag we missed our appointment. We were able to get in touch with the studio that afternoon and they were very accommodating and willing to reschedule. They were very timely and prompt with emails. The class itself was very fun and interesting. They provided an English speaking interpreter, which was greatly appreciated. It was a private class and we got to make as many paintings as possible within those two hours. Highly recommended if you are interested in trying a new and different type of art!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed May 26, 2015

today my daughter and I had a private paper marbling class with Ali. We had a wonderful time. He immediatly sensed my daughters abilities and allowed her more experimentation. I have very little art talent and was quite surprised by how nice things turned out.

Ali's language skills are very good. He said he can speak many other languages besides Turkish and English.

After the lesson we went to his upstairs patio where you will see the best views i have seen in Istanbul. Oh you also get tea and cookies.

If you are looking for a nice way to spend time in istanbul "out of the box" take this class.

While waiting for our masterpieces to dry we were a short walk to the markets then returned for our pick up and a short cab ride back to the hotel

Thank you Ali for a pleasant day.

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank sulphurlady
Reviewed May 7, 2015

I just spent the most enjoyable day with Ali' learning the beautiful art of Ebru marbeling. Ali is an wonderful teacher, patient and very skilled. He explained the history and taught me marbeling techniques, starting with the very basics and building to more intricate patterns. We enjoyed great conversation, coffee and I created several beautiful papers to take home.I am so excited by what he taught me, I want to go home and learn more! If you are looking for something to do that exposes you to some turkish culture and allows you to be creative, I highly recommend Les Arts Turcs. Best value I've encountered in Istanbul!

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank meyers1
Reviewed May 6, 2015

I booked a session of ebru arts as a present for my family. We were hosted with lots of smiles, turkish tea and a very good location from where the sun went through the windows, with a view on the sea. Such a warm and cozy atmophere!
The price is definitley worth the experience, the teacher was so patient with our loud and messy family! She explaied few techniques and also left us free of experimenting. We had enough material to work all at the same time and we could collect our artpieces the same afternoon, they needed couple of hours to dry out.
Our goal was to have fun and we did, but if you are looking for a technical enriching experience you will have it too (I did ebru before and I can tell that the teacher was a real expert in the field).
I am just waiting to go back there=)

Date of experience: April 2015