“Over-reaching Glamour”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Over-reaching Glamour”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Yes, the Spa is beautiful...Yes, it is exotic, and the Hammam promises to be a unique experience...but, No, it is certainly NOT worth $ 450.00.
My husband and I arranged for the couples' massage ... were led to a gorgeous marble slab, and were given paper bikinis to put on ( first time in my life that we were asked to wear a garment for a massage!)
We had a male and female , respectively, to attend to us...and were treated to a head massage with perfumed oils, a rubdown with soap, and later a body mask that was honestly quite average. There was a lot of 'down time', with us being left for ten minutes while the mask was setting...( which was a long time considering the whole treatment was less than an hour)
The high point of the experience was the pillowcase filled with soap and water, and whipped around us...covering us with the most beautiful layer of bubbles...amazing and different!
We were disappointed that no massage was attached to the price of the treatment.
If you have ever been to a traditional Korean Spa, the Four Seasons Hammam will come in a poor second. Definitely not worth the cost, leaving one with a slightly empty feeling, in spirit and pocketbook.

Visited December 2013
8 Thank mse1125

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Luxury ...is not enough word”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The memories will not be the same...ever. Breathless view.i chose this hotel because of its location and proximity to the historic city center. Old Istanbul before your eyes...expensive due to the area...luxe...but classic..the breakfast come with royal treatment.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Paullinw
NYC Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Traditional Ultra Lu”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The spa facilities at this Four Seasons are beautiful. If you are not a guest at the hotel be sure to bring your swimsuit so you can go for a swim in their indoor pool. As for the treatment, my husband and I had the 'Traditional Ultra Luxury' hammam experience. This was actually a mistake on the part of either our hotel who booked this for us or on the part of the spa as I was only looking for the more basic hammam treatment and found the price tag at the end of the session to be jarring not realizing we were booked into a pricier service. The additional cost/time is for a body mask which my husband and I found to be the least enjoyable part of the service. A mask is applied and you just lay in the hot room for 10 minutes waiting for the technicians to come back to continue what otherwise is an exceptional service.

This was a wonderful experience, but I would recommend confirming your service when you arrive as they do not discuss this with you upon check-in. I would also recommend just the 30 minute or 45 minute basic hammam treatment as that is the best part of the treatment anyway.

My recommendation for the hotel would be to have a private relaxation room for a couple. I would think that many couples enjoy this treatment together and would appreciate the opportunity to relax before and/or after the service together rather than being ushered back to separate relaxation areas in the locker rooms immediately after the service.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank mmm123456
New Milton, United Kingdom
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Spacious, peaceful, modern, 5-star.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A couple colleagues and I went along for a massage and to enjoy the spa while we were there. Everything we tried was great; the massage therapist was charming and skilled, the steam room and sauna were spacious and in first-class condition, the relaxation room is lovely, with tea and snacks as well as comfy beds. I would thoroughly recommend a trip to the Four Seasons spa.

Visited March 2013