“Go for the fun”

Tuncer Gift Shop
Ranked #10 of 548 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tuncer Gift Shop is located in Sultanahmet since 2000s. At the beginning, we started working just on the street and just with one person who is our founder. After a while we expanded our job and we opened first showroom in 2008. When we came to 2012, we have five showrooms in Istanbul and nearly 15 team members.We believe that customers are special; so we made each showroom special by itself. We have two showrooms for ceramics, one shop for special home textile and carpets and one showroom is just for selling jewellery. Our products are also special only for our showrooms and you cannot find the same product in any other shops.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ibrahim is a great raconteur and great fun in a conversation. He knows his merchandise and delivers not only the goods but a witty exchange as well. Shops abound in Istanbul but Ibrahim is one of a kind.

1  Thank uskuhlmans

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having spent a couple of lovely days in Istanbul we were lucky enough to stay in a hotel just next to the Tuncer gift shop. The shop offers a great selection of turkish souvenirs, ranging from beautiful pashminas to impressive oriental lamps. We bought quite a few things for an absolutely reasonable price.

Though we passed the shop every day several times, we were never hassled, which is unusual for the old town. On the contrary, Uğur - one of the guys working in the shop - greeted us kindly every time and eventually invited us for a Turkish tea and a chat. It was an interesting and definitely charming experience.

We recommend this shop to everybody who wants to to buy quality Turkish souvenirs without feeling under pressure to make a purchase.

Please drop buy and see for yourself!

2  Thank Stella_82Switzerland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ibrahim (the store owner) has a lot of very unique pieces in his store. On my first day in istanbul i passed by and saw some nice plates, but didn't buy because I figured I may find a better deal somewhere else. I was wrong, I had walked through much of istanbul and even the grand bazaar, and I did not find many of the things ibrahim had in his store. All his pieces are unique, of good quality, and are priced well.

1  Thank Haytham A
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved visiting here and bought some great cushion covers, silk. Also some dishes and towels
Don't miss this opportunity whilst in Istanbul.

1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place and Ibrahim. I searched Istanbul for a lamp and this place was the best. Everyone was telling me I could get the best price at the grand bazaar, but Tuncer was cheaper and a much better experience. I sat down with Ibrahim over tea and talked a little life. He packaged the lamps well and gave me converters for American plugs. I'd say go here any day!

4  Thank TravelRyan