“Best Gifts, Tuncer Gift Shop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tuncer Gift Shop
Ranked #8 of 534 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tuncer Gift Shop is located in Sultanahmet since 2000s. At the beginning, we started working just on the street and just with one person who is our founder. After a while we expanded our job and we opened first showroom in 2008. When we came to 2012, we have five showrooms in Istanbul and nearly 15 team members.We believe that customers are special; so we made each showroom special by itself. We have two showrooms for ceramics, one shop for special home textile and carpets and one showroom is just for selling jewellery. Our products are also special only for our showrooms and you cannot find the same product in any other shops.
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Gifts, Tuncer Gift Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We loved every moment of our stay in sultanahmet, old city Istanbul. The food is good & the shopping for souvenirs is fabulous, make sure you go and see Ibrahim at the Istanbul Tuncer Gift Shop, he was so friendly & helpful & I came home with some really lovely things to remind us of our stay.

1 Thank Susan K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brihuega, Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Good Souvenir of Istambul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you´re ever in Istambul, don´t miss Tuncer Gift Shop, very near from Topkapy Palace. That´s what I did last summer, bumping into it by chance while a fine rain surprised me as I was leaving the hotel in the area and I discovered a great variety of Turkish gifts: from pottery and notebooks, to bath towels, leather boots or CDs and much more than you can imagine. And all the items with very competitive prices, believe me. I did a great purchase for my family and I got a good deal because in this store you can watch all the objects without pressure, you are like in a bazaar, with excellent quality ceramics and hanging lamps. But in my opinion the best thing it´s the owner, Ibrahim, a charming and calm Turkish that makes you feel at home while you are shopping. He offered us a cup of tea and and a friendly conversation. He was very interested in our trip, that´s what made me feel different in Tuncer than in the others shops where I had been.This was my best souvenir from Istambul, not to mention the mug with the Turkish flag wrapped in a newspaper. If I come back to Istambul in the future, I´ll surely visit Tuncer Gift Shop again. It´s a must.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Isabel S
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent place to purchase souvenirs in the Sirkeci area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The prices at Tuncer Gift Shop are very competitive considering the area. Ibrahim (store owner) was very friendly, attentive, easy to communicate with, and had a great sense of humour. The overall atmosphere in this shop is quite friendly. You won't feel pressured to purchase when you step in. There was a wide selection of goods to choose from (ceramics, lamps, cloth items, little trinkets, etc.) at great prices. They'll even pack the fragile items in bubble wrap, so all you need to do is stuff your purchase in your suitcase. Make sure to visit this store if you are in the area.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jordan D
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice shop in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We purchased a hanging lamp here. Honest prices right at the start, unlike all of the other shop owners we encountered in Istanbul. Ibrahim was really nice, welcoming and funny. I actually had a pleasant experience shopping here, felt great putting my money into this shop, and would highly recommend it to others.

Andrea from RI

Visited November 2012
1 Thank andie33186
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great ceramics, even better people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the hotel next to Tuncer Gift Shop. We visited the gift shop on our first day in Istanbul to get an understanding of what types of things would be typically available at Turkish gift shops. The Wife spotted a few ceramics right off the bat that interested her, which we ended up purchasing before we left. After comparing the quality and prices to other gift shops in the city (Grand Bazaar, etc.), we didn't find anything better than Tuncer. Best part about Tuncer is the shop owners. Ibrahim and Our are extremely honest and helpful people who are interested in making sure you get what you want without pressuring you or making you uncomfortable. They are true gems. We went into the store everyday just to talk to them. I found them to be funny, engaging, and genuine people.

Their service was excellent. After making our purchases, they spent extra time to pack our fragile ceramics in many layers of newspapers and bubble wrap which they also dropped off at our hotel when we didn't make it back to their shop before it closed. I'm happy to report that all the pieces that we bought from the store (and we bought a lot) made it safe and sound.

The main attraction of the gift shop though is the store kitten, Aladdin. The Wife went into the store everyday to play with the playful kitten. He's also known by all the other shop owners and hotel staff on the street.

This is the only gift shop you need to go to for all your ceramic and gifts. With their friendly service and quality products, Tuncer Gift Shop is head and shoulders above all the other gift shops.

Visited November 2012