“Angelina t.l.”

Star Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #96 of 1,090 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I think this is the best hotel becaus the salaried personnes a very very frendly and to do every think for you
The room is nice and clean but its a little bit to laud
The brakfast of the terace is so beautiful you can look of the blue moque and the hagia sophia

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AngelinaTheresa

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The terrace of this hotel, where breakfast is served, offered slight views of Topkapi Palace, clear views of the Marmara Sea, Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. At breakfast we got to see it in the early morning light and then all lit up at night. Simply STUNNING! I had to pinch myself to jolt myself back to reality. Apart from the views the hotel manager Coskun and his staff are fantastic which is the reason I would go back to the Star Hotel in a minute! The hotel is a very short walk from Arasta Bazaar which is great and the street outside the hotel is lively and exciting with delis and shops offering a wide range of goods, carts selling fresh fruit, delicious nuts and the best food! Loved it ALL! Would go back to Istanbul in an instant and would stay at Star Hotel again.

3  Thank Mich57Aus
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went back to the Star for the second time because the first time was wonderful. I found the staff ALWAYS polite, helpful, funny, obliging, knowledgeable and hospitable. Besides that, the location is second to none, the breakfast is lovely served to you by one of the nicest people I have had the privilege of meeting in my very many travels around the world. The terrace offers breathtaking views of the famous centuries old buildings. The owner/manager Coskun is present most of the time and is a wonderful host. To Orhan, Tiger, Mukam, darling housekeeper and the food and beverage staff, thank you all for contributing to making my second trip to Istanbul wonderful and I can assure you it won’t be my last. To all at the Star, I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShanaazPerth
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Star Hotel is the best option for a stay in Istanbul. It is located strategically within walking distance of most of the top fifteen things to do in Istanbul. The street is vibrant at all times with bars, restaurants, music and activities.The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is super fun, friendly, and professional. The are always willing to accommodate customers needs, and even guide you around the city. Breakfast is served fresh daily. And don't miss the hotel's rooftop terrace with a privilege view. I will be returning to this hotel on my best visit to Istambul. I super recommended.

1  Thank BuuMedina
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are from east part of Turkey. Myself, my wife, our 2 litlle kids and my grandmother stayed at this hotel. My grandmother was very ill and also had a bad tooth. We came to Istanbul because there are good hospitals here. Because of our problems we had to extend our stay. The hotel staff had to put new guests in their second hotel which is 2 streets behind this one. We are sorry for all of the problems we gave them. They were very hospitable and very helpfull and always smiling. The service was excellent and the hotel was very clean and very new. We thank them very much for all of their help. All the best to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Abdullah K
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night for early May. Upon our arrival we were told that they were putting us up at their sister hotel (two streets away and in the middle of a group of apartment buildings, uneven streets and very dark). When I said that we had booked this specific hotel they said that yes but someone wanted to extend their stay so we're moving it - no apologies at all. The other hotel had a single bed (we asked for twins) and when we mentioned this they showed us how the chair converts to a bed (think really bad Ikea furniture). To top it off they complained to my Turkish friend that he should not be defending us but rather sticking up for the hotel! Won't be back and certainly won't recommend it.

2  Thank Shaz29Ann
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Never been in a worst place!!! Me and my girlfriend planned to stay in Istanbul for 5 days in the Star Hotel. After the second day of staying, we had to move to another hotel. But let’s start from the beginning. As soon as we arrived we had a friendly welcome from Tiger ( “don’t forget my name” he told us…we won’t forget, don’t pain!!!) but as soon as he checked on his computer which room had been reserved for us he changed his expression and we suddenly understood that there was something wrong. The room was located at the basement( floor -1) of a 3 floors building. The room was very small, dirty, dusty because of the carpets stored just outside the door. There was a very small window from where we could see the feet of the people that were smoking narghile in the street. The hotel is on a street full of night clubs so we could hear very strong noises up to late night. The radiator was not working, so we had to ask for another blanket for the night. Anyway since we had to spend only few hours there at night we decided to resist. The second day of staying, when we came back from our daily tour in Istanbul we realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned. That was too much!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple