“Nesime Kaya--Outstanding Tour Guide”

Nesime Kaya/ Private Day Tours
Ranked #67 of 536 Shopping in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: we are a travel agent since 1994 based in istanbul Turkey.We are a member of Turkey travel agencies association under licence no 1947.We work with all parts of world independently.We have a very great team at office as well as a great team of tour guides.We provide VIP tours, private tours, private group package tours basicly in Istanbul and Cappadocia.We hope to host anyone whoever wonders Turkey
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nesime Kaya--Outstanding Tour Guide”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nesime spent an entire day with us touring the Sutanhamet section of Istanbul. She came to our hotel early and had tips on what to bring and what not to bring as this was going to be a walking tour. We visited the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace, and Grand Bazaar. We had a lovely lunch at a restaurant that she suggested. She was very attentive to our needs, answered all of our questions, spoke excellent English, and had a voluminous knowledge of the history of the places we visited. It was easy to tell from the very beginning that Nesime is a very kind person and truly cares about your experience in Istanbul. She also was very flexible--giving us extra time at spots that were interesting to us. The tour never seemed hurried although we were in Istanbul at the height of the tourist season. We had several other tour guides for the remainder of our stay in Istanbul and Turkey, but we felt Nesime was by far the best. If you are considering a private tour of Istanbul, we feel you can do no better than Nesime Kaya.

Lisa and Jerry Titus

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“what an amazing city”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hi
I would like to tell anyone who is thinking of a trip to Istanbul, that it is an amazing city. Our Tour Guide Nesime was outstanding!
She arranged all transportation and entry into any attractions seamlessly. She is a warehouse of knowledge when it comes to Istanbul's attractions and history.
She was able to answer all our questions (and we ask a lot of them) very completely.
We had her assistance for three amazing days and recommend her highly to anyone visiting Istanbul

Visited May 2012
Singapore
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience in Istanbul”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Nesime guided me around for a full day in Istanbul and made my visit there interesting and memorable despite the pouring rain, one of the pitfalls of visiting in December. We walked around the key sites, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, where she gave us a good overview of the history of these sites.
She made it a point to come early for the walking tour and spent more time than contracted for, as it was the low season, and she didn't seem to mind the extra time.
She organized an impromptu trip to Cappadocia for 3 days and 2 nights, and sent us to a charming town, Urgup, rather than the heavily touristed Goreme and was very concerned that we were completely satisfied with the trip. Everything was arranged very well, including all the air line tickets and transfers, and all this within 24 hours! Very efficient. In Cappadocia, I highly recommend the balloon flight, on a clear day the views are fabulous.
I was very touched that she made it a point to come to say good bye at the airport, even though she had to come in the rain. It was a very sweet personal gesture, and left me with wonderful memories of Turkey.
Nesime will reply quickly by e mail : kbesime@hotmail.com and she always answers her mobile:
+ 90 2125207323.
I highly recommend her as a personal guide in Istanbul, or even beyond.

Visited December 2012
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My best guide”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nesime was one of the best guide I had ever met. She is a local guide in Turkey. I had almost a one month trip in Turkey with Nesime. She provided her extensive knowledge of every places we visited with its history. Our trip would be as great without having her around. Thanks again!!

Think of Turkey, Think of Nesime.

Visited February 2012
Defiance, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Superb Tour of Istanbul”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nesime Kaya (Nesie) was our guide for a full day tour of Istanbul. The typical attractions; Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar; were all covered in depth with both historical and personal information from Nesie. She is a scholar in addition to being a tour guide. She is very prompt and met us with a vehicle and driver. I have many questions on all tours I take, which she answered quickly, and these questions lead to other topics and lively discussions. Nesie gave us an excellent historical perspective of Istanbul in particular, and Turkey in general.

My wife and I were very taken by Nesie and she remains deeply in our memories of Istanbul. She also remains deeply in our memories of outstanding tour guides. We lunched together at an outdoor restaurant which was very good and continued our discussions over the meal. At times, my wife and Nesie spoke with each other on a woman-to-woman basis, during which I would step aside to respect their discussion and then rejoin them. We particularly enjoyed this aspect of the tour. Nesie has an engineering degree in addition to her professional tourism training, so she is quite intelligent. In addition, she is extremely personable--we felt at ease from the time she arrived at the hotel in the morning to meet us.

We had the obligatory carpet store tour, but it was very educational more than it was a pushy sales pitch, and we actually enjoyed it. It was also a chance to sit down and have a cool drink. Nesie led us around the myriad streets of Old Istanbul, which was also great sightseeing. Last, but not least, we discussed the protocol and expectations of a Turkish bath, which we took the next morning. Her recommendations and descriptions were spot on, making our experience even better. By the way, don't miss a Turkish bath!

My wife and I were both extremely impressed by Nesie's outstanding knowledge and personal skills. She was as much a part of the tour as the sites we visited. Get her if you can.

Visited August 2012