“Great hotel with excellent customer services”
Review of Karakoy Port Hotel

Karakoy Port Hotel
Ranked #33 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with excellent customer services”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had a very good experience at Karakoy Port Hotel. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The views from the breakfast room are amazing and food is fresh with a variety of choices.
The hotel is very well located, near the tram station and within walking distance to the centre.
I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or holiday trips.
Well done Karakoy, you made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego Area
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This new property is operated by passionate owners who do everything right, from choosing the location, selecting the quality of the build, furnishing and outfitting, and most importantly, choosing and training the right staff.
We had a standard room with a partial view of the water. A large flat screen TV with scores of channels also was provided.The bath was especially nice, featuring a shower with many shower-heads and adjustments.One caveat for entering the bathroom - be careful of the entry threshold! It is significantly elevated! My wife smashed her toes badly one night when she didn't pay attention to the height.
Sevgi at the front desk was a pleasant and helpful employee who gave us all sorts of useful advice and information. She loves Istanbul and it shows! She is enthusiastic and charming.
The hotel's location is quite good. Practically next door is Istanbul Modern Art Museum. A block to the tram will get you anywhere in the city quickly.
The immediate area is on a redevelopment surge with new construction bearing witness to the confidence investors have for the future of the area.
This hotel is an outstanding choice for the quality-minded visitor..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well what can say...The best experience I used to have in Istanbul so far.Traveling very offen I used to stay in many different hotels,but this time it was really specially.I was on short private trip so I did not expect anything specially:only decent room and bed.But it wasn't...It was luxury,clean,spotless...The people were very nice and so friendly so that I have no words to express my gratitude to them.And since it was my birthday they even supprised me with a wonderful cake and present.
Now about the hotel...Hotel is locatred next to the see in Tophane district,5 min walking to the funicular which takes you to Topkapi and 1 min walking to the tram station for Sultanahmed(old cyty).Area is very quiet,sothe quality of sleeping is perfect.For the best thing was spotless and perfect clean room.Even the shifts of the large bed smell on Lenor..Ha,ha...I have a filing that I am at home.
The breakfast is on the top flor with nice see view...So you will enjoy your coffee for sure...
Once again:thans a milion for my best trip and birthday surprise I will never forget.
Since we are planing a nice Cruise this year,we will choose the hotel again because it is close to the Istanbul Marina,only 2 min. walking.

Room Tip: alll of them are nice...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lisa71Skp
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

In the middle of historical places and at the heart of cultural events, the hotel offers a great comfort with a satisfctory clean rooms and service with smiling faces. I exacty suggest the passengers to stop and stay here s while.

• Stayed January 2013
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this brand new small hotel for three nights last December when I visited Istanbul for a short business trip and it was a very good experience. Very friendly and helpful staff and a brand new and very clean hotel. A nice change from the bigger hotels close to Taksim Square. I recommend it and would like to stay there for a short holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was my first visit to Istanbul and I spent much time choosing the hotel and reading the reviews of other travellers. I chose Karakoy Port Hotel as it had excellent ratings and they turned out to be absolutely true: scenic views, extremely friendly staff, comfortable beds and clean rooms, good breakfasts. It's conveniently located in a very nice and quiet place by the sea, not far from the historic centre and other places of interest. If I ever go to Istanbul again (I do hope I will) I will choose Karakoy Port Hotel, wonderful place to stay during the visit. Thank you very much for your service and warm welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tatyana T
Paris, France
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a very plesant stay in Istanbul at the Karakoy Port Hotel. A taxi was at the airport waiting for us and took us to the Hotel for free. The nice and professional staff gave us a warm welcome. We had a good and various breakfast every day and the room was very confortable and warm. Wifi was free and worked very well. We will certainly come back to the Karakoy Port Hotel soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family