“A great stay in Istanbul”

Serene Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #541 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Serene Hotel in Istanbul for 6 nights in August 2013. I booked the airport transfer car service, and when I arrived at Ataturk airport, I was greeted by my driver holding a sign with my name on it. The airport transfer was quick and safe, and the driver was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located on İstiklal Street, which is at the heart of probably the liveliest area in Istanbul. Within a 5 minute walk of the hotel are hundreds of restaurants, bars, night clubs, stores, and ice cream shops. Although the hotel is located in a busy area, the entrance is located in an alley and is slightly hidden which gives the hotel some privacy.

The two young guys who work at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and although the hotel is small there was somebody at the front desk 24 hours a day.

My room was clean and comfortable, air conditioning was great, Wi-Fi was fast (and free), and everything was pretty much brand new. I'm not sure if the hotel has been recently renovated or if it was recently converted into a hotel, but regardless, it was really nice!

On the Saturday of my stay, there were a few protests taking place on İstiklal Street and at Taksim Square (about six blocks away). I was travling alone, and although there was a heightened police presence, I felt completely safe at all times and not once did I ever feel in danger.

This hotel was a really great surprise, and the price I paid felt like a steal. The only slight issue that some people may have is that there is no elevator in the hotel and the stairs can be a bit of a challenge if you have a lot of luggage (like I did). However, the guys at the front desk were more than willing to help me with my bags and carried them for me to and from my room so there was really no problem with that.

Overall, I had a great stay at the Serene Hotel and would highly recommend it !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GTTM

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The first thing that stands out about this hotel was its absolutely fabulous location. Very close to a very buzzing area of Istanbul, with great restaurants right next door. Our rooms were very comfortable, and had all the required amenities.

Also, for the price of the hotel - I thought we were getting great value.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Serene Hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Launa D
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was the highest rated hotel on trip advisor for our price range. We weren't disappointed at all.

We got free airport pickup as part of a deal and felt bad when the driver had to wait 1 hour while we went through passport control.

PROS:
- Location is perfect, near Taksin and away from the busyness of the Sultanahmet.
- Rooms are pretty much brand new
- The two staff working (one that looks like DiCaprio) were fantastic and very helpful
- Free slippers that I am wearing now back in Australia.
- Double glazed glass to stop sound getting in
- Great Air con
- Very safe

CONS:
- The glass may be thick but not the walls. We heard a couple 'going for it' one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James O
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right in the heart of the Istikal shopping street near taksim. It can be pretty noisy at night, but there seemed to be a decent amount of sound separation to be comfortable at night. The staff were very friendly, and we were even upgraded to a deluxe room upon arrival, although we were only expecting the economy room. We enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 640x480
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a great little hotel. It had friendly staff, clean wonderful rooms, free internet, and a wonderful easy to find location. It is located on Istikbal street near Taksim square, and was a great venue for my visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank robin s
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is new, small but clean and very comfortable and economical. They do not provide all services that you would expect from a big hotel (like breakfast), but the staff is really helpfull and friendly. location is perfect and centered. there are many shops, cafes and restaurants ıf you like have wonderful time then here you are....

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jacop02
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is small, clean and kept simple. They do not provide all services that you would expect from a big hotel (like breakfast), but the staff is really helpfull and friendly. When we had to change our hotel (due to planning issues from our side) they acted highly professional and flexible. If you like shopping and nightlife, the hotel is perfectly situated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple