“Wonderful Day in Istanbul”

Ali's Protravel & Tours
Istanbul Layover tour
Ranked #12 of 89 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Only private tours around your schedule ! No crowds to wait for, no schedules to worry about, no busses to catch. Just a friendly private guide and you, your family and friends during the 6 hour tour. No one else. Also, compared to your typical guide who simply 'transport' you to the hot tourist spots, my tour service is unique in the sense that you will be enthralled with historical snippets at every major point of interest. My individual approach comes from a keen sense of reality (and humour) and aims to be friendly, informative, and entertaining, with stories and conversation to illustrate the many facets of this richly varied and fascinating country.. Please Google me for more tour photos…
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a cruise and seeing Istanbul for the first time. We are a family of 5 ( kids ages 5, 7, 9). We are well-traveled but I didn't want to attempt Istanbul for the first time on my own and I didn't want to be "herded" through the city with a cruise excursion group. I consulted Trip Advisor and was instantly drawn to Ali's site. His reviews were great, I like how he offered different routes and it's the first time I've ever seen options for children on tour websites (because of his website we ended our day at the Dolphinarium which we all enjoyed. I never would have thought of doing something like that had it not been on his website.) We got to see everything we wanted to see in the Old City at a leisurely, fun, educational pace - exactly what we wished for while traveling with 3 small kids. What I was most impressed with were his excellent communication skills. He is very prompt at returning emails. You can tell that he enjoys his job and his city and wants you to have a great experience. He has an instantly likeable personality and a wealth of information. It was like spending the day with a friend. You get excellent value for your money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ali to other visitors.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"pace"
"insight"

Reviewed July 18, 2013

“ We, a small group from Italy, just returned home from a 10 day trip to Turkey and all of us had great time. Ali was always very responsive to our requests before or during the trip. He always made good recommendations for us and just made sure that things were going allright. I think Ali is a wonderful tour guide to work with and I would highly recommend Ali to anyone who is planning to visit Istanbul &Turkey. “

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ali was an excellent host during our 2 days with him in Istanbul. Beyond his comprehensive knowledge of the history of the sites we visited, he went out of his way to tailor the experience to my wife and me. Food was very important to us and we had very specific items we wanted to eat while in Istanbul. Ali actually leads food tours of Istanbul, and he was able to find restaurants serving exemplary examples of our desired items while still maintaining our sightseeing itinerary. He also helped make and change reservations for us as well as suggested places for us to eat at for the remainder of our trip. He was a cool guy to hang out with and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other visitors.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our first trip to Istanbul (on our honeymoon, no less) and were debating the best way to see the sights of Istanbul. We looked into getting a tour because we wanted to learn about the history of Istanbul without just aimlessly walking through all the sites.

Enter Ali. I scheduled a tour with Ali a week before our trip. We met him in the Old City and saw everything we wanted to see. Ali was perfectly flexible, ensuring we saw the things that were important to us. That, combined with Ali's deep knowledge of all of the attractions (and the best way to get in/out and when), Ali was the perfect guide for our day in the Old Town.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction