“Great Ali !!!”

Sultanahmet Old City Tour with Private Guide
Ranked #9 of 74 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Compared to your typical guide who simply 'transport' you to the hot tourist spots, our tour service is unique in the sense that we will enthrall you with historical snippets at every major point of interest. As I have studied Christianity, Archaeology, history, mythology (as well as other related subjects) I can help you understand our diverse history and culture. My individual approach comes from a keen sense of reality (and humour) and aims to be friendly, informative, and entertaining, with stories and conversation to illustrate the many facets of this richly varied and fascinating country..in addition to that you will also be eating at typical Turkish restaurants serving authentic food for lunch and we will show you all the reliable places for shopping hand-made rugs,Turkish Jewellery, leather bags, jackets, ceramics, Quartz tiles, Turkish Delight, Saffron, Baklava etc. As soon as we receive a request you will be contacted within 24 hours.
Udine, Italy
“Great Ali !!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

“ We, a small group from Italy, just returned home from a 10 day trip to Turkey and all of us had great time. Ali was always very responsive to our requests before or during the trip. He always made good recommendations for us and just made sure that things were going allright. I think Ali is a wonderful tour guide to work with and I would highly recommend Ali to anyone who is planning to visit Istanbul &Turkey. “

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Fullerton, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ali was an excellent host during our 2 days with him in Istanbul. Beyond his comprehensive knowledge of the history of the sites we visited, he went out of his way to tailor the experience to my wife and me. Food was very important to us and we had very specific items we wanted to eat while in Istanbul. Ali actually leads food tours of Istanbul, and he was able to find restaurants serving exemplary examples of our desired items while still maintaining our sightseeing itinerary. He also helped make and change reservations for us as well as suggested places for us to eat at for the remainder of our trip. He was a cool guy to hang out with and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other visitors.

San Francisco, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ali was the perfect tour guide”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our first trip to Istanbul (on our honeymoon, no less) and were debating the best way to see the sights of Istanbul. We looked into getting a tour because we wanted to learn about the history of Istanbul without just aimlessly walking through all the sites.

Enter Ali. I scheduled a tour with Ali a week before our trip. We met him in the Old City and saw everything we wanted to see. Ali was perfectly flexible, ensuring we saw the things that were important to us. That, combined with Ali's deep knowledge of all of the attractions (and the best way to get in/out and when), Ali was the perfect guide for our day in the Old Town.

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Belo Horizonte, MG
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Private Guide Ali”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ali was my Guide in Istanbul for 2 full days and also arranged another Guide (Harish) on my third day once he would not be available. Both services were very professional. Ali has a great knowledge of the city and Turkey´s history. He also suggested other sites to visit besides the tour and took me to a nice local restaurant with this delicious food. I recommend him on your visit to Istanbul. Thank you Ali.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Over and beyond my expectations”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ali was recommended by a friend who had used his services 10years ago and was so impressed by the quality of the service and his knowledge that he kept his business card. I then contacted Ali who accomodated my every need for both myself and the group I was with. He was punctual, well versed in history and the sights to be seen, very professional with audio equipment and made our experience extremely enjoyable. I highly recommend him. Thanks!!