Katelya Hotel
$101
$262
$243
  • Pool
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
$112
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$126
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquea free room upgradewalking distancerooms are clean and spacioustopkapi palaceclose to main attractionshotels around the worldmanager mrboutique hotelfirst time visitorsevery morningrecommend this hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulairport transfercold meatssultanahmet squarehotel is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is an absolutely fantastic new hotel located in the historic downtown of Istanbul. We were a group of friends, stayed there for 4 nights, and had 1 double room and 1 superior room on the first floor. Both rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable. The double room was rather on the smaller side, but it was very comfortable, and had all the things we needed. During the night we didn't hear any noise coming from the street or lobby, but we were all sound sleepers :)

The cleaning was performed daily, and was very thorough. The bathroom is modern, clean and comfortable. The stock of soap, shampoo etc. was renewed daily.

The breakfast was very nice, fresh and delicious - the variety of hot dishes for breakfast, as well as standard breakfast items - eggs, cheeses, olives, breads, cereal, etc. Hot dishes were different every morning. The coffee was very good.

The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. We had an early flight to catch, and manager Salih had sandwiches prepared for us, so we don't go hungry in the morning. It was a very nice touch, and it was appreciated greatly. We also received a complimentary ride to Ataturk airport, and the van was at the hotel's door even earlier than expected.

The hotel is located very close to main sights in Istanbul. Most of them are within walking distance. There are also lots of restaurants located on that same street. We personally liked Seatanbul restaurant, just about 150 meters down the street.

We would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend to everyone looking for a good value stay near the historic sights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DK_Ist
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The mark of an outstanding and professional hotel is not when everything goes right but when things go very wrong, and at no fault of the hotel. I recently stayed at the Kateyla in Istanbul on vacation together with my husband and family. I was most unfortunate to be robbed of my gold necklace at knife point not far from the Grand Bazaar. (my fault for wearing jewellery on the streets so be careful!). Mr Salih the Manager drove us to the Police Station in his own car and stayed with me interpreting with the Police for many hours. My memory of Istanbul is of a beautifully furnished boutique hotel, unique designs in each room, a 5 star breakfast and overwhelmingly the kindness and professionalism that went far beyond what anyone would expect. Will I go back to Istanbul after such a frightening experience? Of course just to see Mr Salih and stay at the the Katelya. I hope he will still be there and next time I hope to see more of Istanbul than the Police Station!

Room Tip: Any - they are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Katelya last June while we waited for our flight the next day. We had stayed at the Albinas two weeks earlier prior to going on a tour and wanted to stay there when we got back. They were booked and recommended the newly opened Katelya just up the street. What a find! The rooms were all individually decorated and the staff was about as good as they get. The breakfast was excellent and the dining room was well designed and even had a glass floor in parts to reveal Greek and Roman ruins. It was conveniently located just a couple of blocks from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and the Hippodrome. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was recently in Instanbul.A great city. and a great experience.Turcish people know to make you to spend you money smiling.Nice people.I stayed in Katelya Hotel.Is a new one-10 years.Stuff is very nice. They gave us all information that we ask.Rooms are very clean,meal is ok and is very closely to Blue Moschee.The hotel is also close to Arasta Bazar.it is situated in Sultanahmet.They also took us from the airport and the surprise forthe final day was that they also took us from the hotel to airpot.I recomand this hotel to every one.If there are grammar mistakes please forgive me.my English is not may be soo good

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hotel with best location, about 5 mins walk to Blue Mosque, but very quiet. We had a well decorated sea view room, I fell in love with the mint green color and atmosphere immediately, though the bathroom is a bit tiny, and need a small stool for working table. The hotel offers the best breakfast, omelet for order, just say Chef`s favorite, they will make you a good one. BTW feel free to ask for suggestions from hotel staffs, they are all very friendly, and full of useful local knowledge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple