Hodjapasha Cultural Center
Istanbul Hodjapasha Rhythm of The Dance Show

Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Hodjapasha Cultural Center
2,150 results
All reviews dance show religious ceremony cultural experience dervish rumi tickets prayer
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We were glad to experience the whirling dervishes. The enchanting music and the the rhythmic dance left us stunned and calm. Pictures and clapping are strictly prohibited as the performers will be disturbed. I could connect with this trance like yoga. Every culture has its own delights.
There is lots of info outside the performance area about the same.We had booked tickets online and travelled to this place by tram from Taksim square.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I expected a more interactive, dynamic experience for 70 turkish lira. They gave a very short, vague explanation of sufism at the beginning and then had the band sing for most of the meditation.

The seating arrangements are honestly horrible. They say first come first served but I know people who got tickets last minute and sat right in front of the dervishes! The seats should be like those in a cinema not ones that you can put anywhere you want and cause a lot of noise disturbance.

The only positive thing about this place was the informational posters and sufi objects they had in the waiting area before the start of the show.

We also noticed that one of the dervishes was having trouble to focus on the meditation and was getting tired easily and kept opening his eyes to stay on track and not lose control. I think some of them don't really live sufism but simply work here.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this place if you have the opportunity to see it elsewhere for cheaper. I wouldn't pay more than 40 lira for the show.

Also horrible restrooms. Only one toilet for each person.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

I'm a pretty open-minded, interested traveler and when I travel, I always stuff my schedule with all kinds of historical tours, food tours, and cultural events in the hopes of immersing myself in that place. There is really nothing good to say about this unless you might think it fun to look around and watch the unanimous looks of sheer discomfort from boredom on the faces of everyone else in this theater-in-the-round experience. The dervishes don't even appear until halfway through this 50 minute ordeal, but when they do, they simply do nothing but the same thing. Yes, I knew ahead of time that that's what this is about, I guess I just never would have imagined that there was not something with a little more surprise or interest. It is an utterly painful 50 minutes of sheer boredom...unless you can convince yourself you're having a spiritual experience (which even the dancers don't convincingly seem to be having),

5  Thank pgavriani
Reviewed November 6, 2017

We went here impromptu around 20 minutes before the show and we were lucky to get the last available tickets. Its highly recommended to pre book. Ideally the performance would be easy to decipher if a proper introduction is given prior to the performance. In the common area outside the auditorium there are written descriptions of the performance and the significance. I highly recommend reading the same before entering to understand the performance.The performance lasts for an hour approximately.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Your appreciation of the dervish show here depends on your idea of what religious ecstasy or fervor is. If you are of the meditative type, you may like this experience. However, if you expect dervishes to whirl here, you have to wait for forty minutes of soporific music before that happens.

Date of experience: October 2017