Hodjapasha Cultural Center
Istanbul Hodjapasha Rhythm of The Dance Show

Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Hodjapasha Cultural Center
2,149 results
All reviews dance show religious ceremony cultural experience dervish rumi tickets prayer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2017

It was utterly mesmerising an experience out of this world... I just loved every minute of it.. It is heavenly..

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank SZA1712
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Do you like Medieval Times restaurant in the US? Then you might like the dervish show at hodjapasha.

When I decided to come to Turkey, I wanted to do three things: to see the Hagia Sophia, to see the Blue Mosque, and to see Whirling Dervishes.

So when my hotel recommended the whirling dervishes at hodjapasha, I leapt at the opportunity and booked right away. I went, and it felt like such a tourist trap. It was a theater performance, not a real dervish ceremony. I think it was the lack of sincerity that made it dull. Like sitting through a lecture by a teacher who doesn't want to be there.

I left feeling ripped off, and sad. So, in short, if you REALLLY want to see the dervishes, like I did, don't go here. Go instead to the monastery in Fatih. They are actual practicing dervishes with an imam and a congregation and they would whirl even if no one was watching.

5  Thank SusanGYoung
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

It's a bit of a conflicting experience. On one hand this is a religious ceremony not a show. On the other hand it's a bit hard to believe that 5 men on a stage surrounded by hundreds sitting tourists are actually into it truly and religiously. For it was so so, neither falling under well made show nor really an authentic religious ceremony. But for the price perhaps worth seeing once.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Honestly I was very excited coming to this show and it was all ruined. First of all the chairs weren't comfortable at all. The musicians wore normal clothes under their robes which ruined the experience. If there was a theater in istanbul that mixed the show with dinner it would be a lot nicer

Reviewed July 28, 2017

I've been here twice now for two different shows and both were excellent. The setting is intimate and so you feel like you have front row seats from anywhere in the room! The performances are highly professional and the venue is beautiful.

Date of experience: July 2017