“Complete waste of time!”

Hodjapasha Cultural Center
$30.00*
Rhythm of the Dance Show at Hodjapasha In Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 1. Dervish Experience : Live Show & Exhibition : Everyday Tuesday , Thursday , Saturday and Sunday at 19:00 Price: 70 TL / Free hot and cold beverages. 2. Rhythm of the Dance :Featuring variety of charming folkloric dances of Anatolia combined with exotic Oriental dances and Ottoman Palace dances. Every Tuesday & Saturday at 21:00 Price : 110 TL / Free hot and cold beverages.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I thought this show would be 100% Dervish. Rather they make you spend 30 minutes listening to Turkish music, then bring out the dancers who I might add, one of them was in his teens.
It was boring, people were starring at the clock and wondered when this madness would end. It was very pricey for such a bad show.

Please see this somewhere else where its authentic and not some pop cultural 30 minute waste of time.

1  Thank samadperformance
Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I bought my ticket at my hotel(Golden Horn Binbirdirek that time:-)) then I walked there and had a chance to see their famous dance there. firstly we listened the local music for 30 min and then it really started. When they did it finally, I clapped as mad!!! I enjoyed it very much!

1  Thank Shekhovtsov V
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to Istanbul last August and went to this show after looking at the excellent reviews on Trip advisor and I am glad I did. The show is held in a 500 year old hamam and the acoustics are simply astounding. There are two shows on offer. One of the whirling dervishes and the other of mixed cultural dances which we saw, including a male belly dancer. Yes, a male belly dancer. And to be honest it is nothing like you have imagined. The dancers are beautiful and every move is done with passion and heart. The show is approximately 2 hours long with a 15 min break where free turkish delight and drinks are served.
I cannot recommend this show to anyone enough. If you go to Istanbul you MUST see this.

2  Thank Ilyas999
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This was next door to the hotel we werr staying at, went twice- 1st time to the dance show. We had seats front row but on the edge was a bit disappoinying cos the dancers didnt face our side much yet we paid the same pricr as everyone directors should adjust their stage positioning. It was an entertaining night i was expecting more belly dancing and the solo female belly dancer was showing off her skills (ok we get it u can roll ur belly up and down dont need to see it for 5 mins!) more than trying to entertain like other belly dancers ive seen in turkey and elsewhere. Cool costumes tho esp the glow in the dark dancer! Male belly dancer hmm not sure bout that ?! He sure can move tho!!

The whirling dervishes... U cant go to turkey and not see them, but 5-10 mins is all u need trust me its very repetitive ppl looked like they were falling asleep in the audience! First 20 mins just music (after bout 10mins of their solemn entrance before they start playing) then the whirling dervishes come on, another 10 mins before they started to move/do something. Egyptian 'tanoura' dance ie their whirling dervishes is a lot more entertaining!

1  Thank Ooga123
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The dance show was amazing. 1.40h of culture, movements, happiness and joyful with an amazing orchestra and troop ... I loved it and recommend strongly to go.