“Excellent experience at Ramada, Grand Bazaar”

Ramada Istanbul Grand Bazaar
Ranked #198 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Narayan Koimuttam

This was our first visit to Istanbul with family. We had a very warm welcome from the staff at reception and they were very helpful in guiding us and helped in planning our visit to the local places.
The breakfast in the morning had a huge variety to chose from.

We would like to thank Erdal who really helped us during our stay at Ramada,

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Narayan K
There are newer reviews for Ramada Istanbul Grand Bazaar

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I travel a lot for business and leisure with family but our recent stay at Ramada Grand Bazaar was one of the best experiences:
- we arrived at 7AM in the morning after a long bus ride and the staff acknowledged our needs and found rooms for us immexuately
- I had booked two rooms with two beds each. The receptionist saw that we are a family and offered us a more family-friendly configuration
- exceptionally friendly staff which went even beyond the usual traditional Turkish friedliness :)
- very clean rooms and bathrooms. I have seen similar rooms only in 5-star hotels so far
- great breakfast choices with both Turkish and more western choices.
- nice location which is less than 10 minutes away from next Metro and tram stations (you dont want to take the taxi in Istanbul).

In summary, I know that I will stay there again when I visit Istanbul and can recommend to everybody.

BTW: I am a Wyndham Gold Member and for the first time I felt like that it really mattered to the hotel staff. They offered benefits without me asking. The Wyndham hotels in the USA can learn quite a bit from the Ramada team in Turkey.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank kemalusa
RamadaIstanbul_Gb, General Manager at Ramada Istanbul Grand Bazaar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Our dearest guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about Ramada Istanbul Grand Bazaar.It was a big pleasure to host you and your lovely family in our hotel.
It is a pleasure to learn that your have enjoyed your stay in general and we sincerely hope to welcome you back soon, assuring our best service.
Yours sincerely,
Dicle Volkan

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We just visited istanbul for the first time. Our trip was very recent (mid May).

We arrived at the hotel at 7am exhausted from the trip and the hotel staff was nice enough to let us check in immediately, much earlier than the 2pm check in time.

Room is small but compact and comfortable. Free wifi access albeit weak.

The next day during breakfast I was given a suprise birthday cake with the staff coming out to sing! It was very unexpected and truely a surprise (OZLEM the sales manager was super super nice to plan out the surprise). Breakfast spread is delicious with alot of variety and a nescafe machine providing different coffees and espresso. Same day we visited the historical sites in Sultanahmet which is 3 stops from the tram at Aksaray (only 5min walk downhill from the hotel). Tram costs 3 lira. Journey to Taksim takes about 20 to 25 mins by tram - from Aksaray to Tophane or Kabatas and then a very steep walk uphill.

OZLEM was kind enough to help us book our ferry tickets to Borsa via ferry dock (almost 10mins from hotel by taxi). Even though it was a very laborious task she stuck through to make sure everything was confirmed and also booked us a taxi to the docks.

Small taxi rink by hotel (2min walk from hotel).

Limited restaurant options within 1km diameter of hotel but there's a small store right infront of the hotel for any necessities and snacks.

Hotel staff were extremely helpful (ask for OZLEM for a guaranteed comfortable and easy stay - 5 stars to her and 4 stars for hotel room).

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nasreen M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I came a day early before a 2 week group tour of turkey. I booked a standard queen for us. On check in we were enthusiastically told we had a wonderful room. Evidently we had an upgrade suite, with a basket of fruit next to our bed. A half wall separated the bedroom area from the tv room with a loveseat. I wish there had been a small table to place our coffee or fruit plate. We could look out on a lovely little park. The bathroom was humongous with a tall sided tub big enough for two. Being on the short side, I needed a boost to make it over the side. The next day we were moved to a lovely standard queen room which reflected the prices paid for the tour. This one had a walk in marble shower--loved it!--and plenty of vanity space for toiletries. Truth be told, we liked this room better than our upgrade. Other members of our tour had problems with drains and air con, but we did not. The staff gave us superior service with always a pleasant word.

Room Tip: Street side was a bit noisy, but it didn't bother us, though it might be a problem for light sle...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joiederire
Reviewed May 9, 2014

staff are very friendly and make your stay enjoyable, had my 8 month year old daughter and they bent over backwards. Rooms are quiet small compared to hotels in Asia but it was my first hotel in Turkey so i suppose they could be all that size.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed there one night before flying out to Capadoccia but in that short time, I could tell that the service is top-notch! The 2 hotel managers were both very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Erdal helped us with our bags and couldn't have been more professional and eager. I really liked that the hotel e-mails you before your trip and offer a ride from the airport. Even though I was traveling with a friend and we both have travelled a lot, having someone meet you at the airport when you arrive in a city like Istanbul is just comforting and a nice convenience that actually costs equivalent to a taxi (and maybe less in some cases!). After our trip to Capadoccia, we knew we were returning to Istanbul so asked the hotel to keep our extra bags there for 2 days which they did without any hassle. When we returned, we found our bags in perfect condition. We would have stayed longer at that hotel but had to attend a conference in a different part of the city. The hotel itself isn't on a street with many restaurant or shopping options but we didn't explore further than the street since we were there for such a short time. According to the map, it seems like the busier part of the city isn't far away (like the Grand Bazaar).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank travelfoodiedc
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Hotel Rooms are Tiny . Only 6.5~ 7 feet wide . Leave only 1 feet after bed .
The Double Bed is actually a Queen size Bed hardly enough for two persons .
Internet Connection is too slow .
No tub in Bathroom .
No Drawers to keep your items on Study- Writing Desk Table / Bed Side Tables .
NO Tea Maker in Room . Only Coffee Maker than too with Black Coffee .
Furniture was like as you get in IBIS Hotels .
You can hear Phone Bell from next room .
The Hotel Pictures shown are part of Joint Building of Three Hotels .
Your Car can not reach to Hotel in Day time , has to pull luggage for about 300 meters if coming by Taxi or by Car & you know back lane entry than also 100 meter Luggage Pulling .
We stayed in Room No. 316 .

Room Tip: I cold not Find any .....
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple