“Cappadocia and Pamukkale Tour”

Efendi Private Tours
Ranked #63 of 492 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friend and I have asked Efendi Tour to organize for us "special" trip: 2 days in Capadocia and 1 day in Pamukkale with only bus transfers. They did it and everything went very well! First of all Atilla from the office was very responsive and extremely helpful and we felt well taken care of. We started and ended our trip in Istambul. The overnight buses were really comfortable. Our hotel in Capadocia was Local Cave Hotel and it was absolutely lovely; the room, the view and THE SWIMMING-POOL! Also local guides Husnu and Gonul were great. I do recommend!

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"sultanahmet"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Yusuf Karaca from Effendi & Backpackers Travel Agency replied the next morning. He had a full five-page, nineteen-day itinerary all laid out with tours, bus routes, hotels and transfers, at a price that I could afford. Effendi & Backpackers Travel Agency was the fifth agency I contacted in Istanbul. I had a straightforward request. I will be in Istanbul for three months on work but have three weeks to tour the country. I wanted to see as much variety of Turkey as possible and I cannot spend more than $100 a day. That was my budget and my goal. Yusuf was the only one to reply. I had no clue where most of the places on the itinerary where, what there was to see, what was significant or not. I also had no clue about distances. I do not speak Turkish, never been to Turkey and I knew no one in Turkey. I thought that Turkey was a little colorful city amid a desert punctuated by beach towns on the Mediterranean.

The tour was excellent. Yusuf selected some very unique hotels. All excellent, mostly right in the center of towns. Clean, spacious and very comfortable. Using the public buses for the first time I was a little apprehensive, but the transfers were smooth. I was usually picked up at the station and driven to the hotel and when I did not show up (I found someone on the bus to drop me off) he would email me (I was travelling without a phone) and ask if I was OK. The tour took me to the enchanted hills and valleys of Cappadocia to the tourist resorts of Bodrom and Antalya. But what I treasure most is that I learned and visited some of the old ruins. With over 500 Greek ruins, Turkey has more and to me, better sites to explore. Effendi & Backpackers Travel Agency later arranged for other short trips and Yusuf’s knowledge is indispensable. So when I asked Yusuf which part of Turkey he thinks I liked the best, he said I haven’t been yet. I booked a short weekend break to Gokceada, one o two Aegean Islands run by Turkey. He was right.

Turkey is a large country. Verdant, rich in agriculture with excellent roads Turkey is an amazing country. Istanbul is a bustling, beautiful city of over 22 million (more than the official statistics) since people from all over the region are attracted to this ancient metropolis. The people are friendly and trustworthy despite our lack of linguistic similarity. Now whenever I have an idea for a short jaunt to explore further I always contact Yusuf and benefit from his extensive experience o this utterly enchanting country.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I went against my better judgment. I definitely got the touristy experience. Lunch is included but you must pay for drinks even water. Lunches have been terrible and in some places it turns out that the price list is in euros so you get ripped off.

Too many 'diversions' to souvenir shops.

Never again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was going to take the metro from airport to my Hotel in Besiktas as I like to be advantures and find my way around on my own. But my wife insisted on private transfer since we are coming on a long flight and I had my two kids with me also. I used Efendi's services and I am so happy I did so. They were at hotel with our name and the van was ready for us. We got to our hotel in 20 minutes and We used them on our way back too. At my hotel they said for this kind of airport transfers they charge three times as much.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our first time to Istanbul and we have nothing but praise for Efendi services the Airport pick up to and from our hotel was excellent 10/10 service. The 1 day tour we booked prior to arriving was again 10/10 they picked us up from our hotel again arriving before pick up time there communication was excellent we noted on route they phoned ahead to make sure everyone was informed of any delays due to the heavy Istanbul traffic. The lunchtime meal we found was also up to there high standards. The tour guide Mehmet was superb highly knowledgeable and most courteous and caring for older and younger members of our group.
We fast tracked through queues saving time and were dropped off in the evening back at our hotel.
We would have no hesitation to use this totally professional service again.

1  Thank lez321