“Excelent”

Cuisines: Turkish, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent atmosphere, friendly and attentive service,very tasty and a great selection.House wine and local beer very dainty .House wine and local beer very dainty .

It is worth to taste the kebabs here are many kinds of interesting teaching method.And at the end of the meal the owner called and Turkish sweets, coffee and tea.

There are newer reviews for New Hatay Restaurant

Reviewed November 21, 2013

It's a very,very good restaurant in Istanbul ! Maybe one of the best !We was here (a family-8 persons for the dinner).The words couldn't explain how wonderful it was ! The menu is delicious ! The prices are very good,the waitters was excellent and the owners are formidable ! It is a must do it ! Thank you very much !

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant on two occassions before and after a two week cruise embarking and disembarking in Istanbul. There was no particular reason why we chose New Hatay as both hotels we stayed at when we were in the Old City were literally surrounded by similar facilities all offering essentially similar menus.
Nevertheless, we think we lucked out with our choice of this restaurant! On both occassions we were more than happy with our meals- good, traditional Turkish fare and for us South Africans traveling on a depreciationg Rand, relatively inexpensive. A nice touch was the complimentary baklava dessert and apple tea offered at the end of both meals.
We would certainly visit this estblishment again should we ever return to Istabul. Sadly however, this seems unlikely as we have already visitied Turkey on three occasions previoulsy and we have many other places on our bucket list that we must see while we are still fit enough to travel.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I sat outside next to a heater, which was very comfortable considering dropping temperatures in November. The service was good, friendly people serving really fast. The food was really nice, we tried several oven dishes. Considering the price (around 25 on average for a main course), this is a really good place!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I ate here because it was near my hotel and it had a large crowd while most other restaurants in this restaurant district were mostly empty on this Tuesday night.
Service was ok. The waiters switched mid meal and I got no attention but they jumped vto any request. The odd vibe? They were aggressively shilling the restaurant and sometimes got quite nasty to people who did not "buy". Also, in my estimation, sometimes they over did the showmanship when presenting some dishes...almost insistin g that guests clap when the clay pot dish was presented. The whole deal was too touristy for me 'but many people seemed to really enjoy it.
I had the shish tavuk...skewered and fire grilled chicken. It was excellent and contrary to some comments, it had a nice garlic seasoning. Perfectly cooked. It was served w fries, rice bread and grilled veggies. My only complaint is that the vegetables were not hot. This is a usual thing here where things like French fries are often served room temp. My ample meal with a beer, a peppery dip (ok) and complimentary tea and baklava came to 33TL. Not bad price, but I hope to find better prices in a less tourist atmoshere