The Grand Tarabya
Ajia Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
Bebek Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Room Service
All reviewsmarina viewistinye parkbusiness tripturkish hamamrooms are modernroom serviceexcellent hotelbusiness hotelturkeyexcellent breakfasta wonderful stayspent nightsvisiting istanbulataturk airportold citybosphorusbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had decided to have our wedding anniversary dinner at this hotel's restaurant. While reserving, we emphasized the importance of the day and told them we'll book the table only if they have a sea view table. They said it is available and we booked. When we arrived, we noticed that it was not the case. For around 15 minutes, we tried to tell this to 3-4 staff and nobody got interested. Then when we decided to leave the restaurant, they came and said we can choose whichever table we want. Of course we did not stay and had our dinner at the nearest restaurant. The approach they had was very disappointing, especially at such a special evening. I'll never go to this restaurant and hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NBArcan
Gulum_Bas, Public Relations Manager at The Grand Tarabya, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear The Grand Tarabya Guest,
We really appreciate your taking time for sharing your experience.
Thank you for your valuable feedback about our restaurant. We are truly sorry to read about the issues you experienced. As you have discussed with our Director of Food&Beverage on the phone, we are expecting to welcome you in the nearest future for an unforgettable dining experience at The Grand Tarabya.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Good room with fantastic view of the Bosphorus maritime traffic. Sun in the morning but not in the afternoon kept the room temperature together with the excellent air conditioning really comfortable. Pillows and beds not so comfortable but staff at the hotel went out of their way to provide a bed cover without a duvet (too hot for us northern Europeans) and a further choice of pillows. Bathroom also has excellent view through an electrical sliding partition - great fun!
The wc area is very cramped however and the shower can spray water all over the rest of the bathroom if you are not careful.
Breakfast excellent choice - some things may be a bit stale as the hotel was empty during Ramazan.
Limonia - nice food but rather over priced for what it provides.
Swimming pool area is spacious, clean but too noisy with thumping music all day long. Also not a lot of shady areas to sit in.
Not many qualms in recommending this hotel for a stay - has quite nice walks along Bosphorus and also back up into the hills - heat permitting.

Room Tip: Best rooms overlook the Bosphorus obviously
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Gulum_Bas, Public Relations Manager at The Grand Tarabya, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Grand Tarabya.
We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We would like to let you know that your valuable constructive feedback about the pool and the restaurant. Please be informed that related departments have been informed about your feedback and necessary actions will be taken accordingly. Our team is working ceaselessly to exceed expectations of our guests and put a smile on their faces.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful new hotel with everything still shiney and new. Seems its main purpose is corporate hospitality meeting's and conferences otherwise it would be deserted.
Location - right on the edge of the Bosphorus in the more tranquil Tarabya area of Istanbul. Easy for taxi or bus and not too far from the business centre of Maslak and metro access.
Staff- plenty of them and very attentative.
Facilities- indoor and outdoor pool with a great gym and spa although a tad expensive.
Try the happy hour on the terrace overlooking the marina for an array of cocktails all served as part of the experience.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Grand Tarabya.
We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are a city resort that embraces peace and true vacation for leisure lovers, as well as having unique meeting and business facilities that attract corporate clients.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Grand Tarabya in May. The room was very nice, well laid out with plenty of room. The hotel has had a very thoughtful rehab recently. Great service especially from the concierge who was very helpful with taxis into Istanbul and back. He had a friend at the Four Seasons who arranged a good taxi for us (Four Seasons Sultanahmet is a beautiful hotel).
Overall a nice stay but much too far from the international airport and the old town of Istanbul. As a tourist you will spend too much time travelling as the traffic is really bad and the the costs soon add up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Grand Tarabya.
We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We position ourselves as the city resort that offers serenity and pleasure with unique views and rooms. We are also located in an exclusive location on the Bosphorus, a very characteristic part of Istanbul. It’s great that you contacted our experienced Concierge for city tips. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future to provide you with our personalized service at its best.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went on a trip with a friend and stayed at this hotel because of the reviews. Everything was fine until one evening we went out to dinner and left my Tom Ford glasses IN my suitcase (unlocked). As soon as I got back from dinner, I went into my suitcase to retrieve my glasses to put in its case. Much to my surprise, there were no glasses in my suitcase. I knew I hadn't lost my mind because that was the last thing I did before I went to dinner. I know three people had come in to clean my room because I let them in as I was leaving the room. As soon as I noticed my glasses were missing, I called downstairs to the front desk. The positive was they responded immediately. The negative was they were trying to convince me I put it elsewhere. They assured me that security will talk to me in the morning the next day. By noon when I didn't hear from them, I called downstairs. They came upstairs and gave me all sorts of theories about my missing glasses. The hotel offered to compensate me with a massage or dinner. Lessons learned, never trust Grand Tarabya or its employees. Really, if there is a rating less than 1, that is what this hotel deserves as that is just the highest offense in my opinion.

Sade

Room Tip: Don't leave anything unattended....and the hotel is not all that afterall...I have been in/to better ones
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mo A
BGoymen, General Manager at The Grand Tarabya, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, as we appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative.

Please be assured that we take our business practices very seriously and always strive to maintain the high level of security for our guests and their belongings. Our security department is equipped with very comprehensive safety and security systems for our guests and employees. Our entire staff go through a rigorous screening and background check process prior to hiring and all of our rooms offer an advanced safety box for our guests’ valuables in addition to the safety deposit boxes located on the lobby level. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at +90 212 363 3300 or bora.goymen@thegrandtarabya.com

Bora Goymen