“Great experience!!!”

Ranked #220 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Forfar, United Kingdom
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just spent 6 nights in this lovely hotel. It was a double celebration for my husband's birthday & our anniversary!
We would like to express our thanks to Ercan & all the staff who did everything possible to make our stay so enjoyable.
We could not fault anything with the way we were looked after & the entire hotel experience.
The rooms although not exceptionally large were more than made up for by the cleanliness, decor .& comfort. The staff were always ready to help with any queries or requests & do everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
We would recommend a stay here for anyone looking for a smaller, friendlier hotel than the big up market no character hotels where no one knows who you are!! The hotel is close to all the major attractions & although on a busy thoroughfare & not far from the tram line is quiet enough to enjoy a quiet nights rest after a hectic day. Thank you again & hope to be back!!!! Sonra guru sorus!!!

Room Tip: We were put into a room with a small window & no view but were moved the next night into a stree...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tizzythomson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel location is strategic almost everything there. restaurants just next few doors, tram station within 2 minutes walk, places of interest i.e: Grand Bazaar, Chamberlitas (Burnt Column), Sultanahmet, Burger King and Starbucks are within walking distance.
Seaview and Blue Mosque view from our 5th floor room.
the only setback was the tv channel mostly in Turkish language except for BBC News in English.
Hotel service overall was good. It is highly recommended if you plan to visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Absolutely perfect location. Walking distance to all the attractions Blue mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapi, Grand Bazaar and all the restaurants. Very helpful staff. Great rooms, bathrooms, Gym. Very clean. Highly recommended and I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham UK
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights , The location was excellent for sightseeing and really near the metro for arrival from hotel and sightseeing , The hotel was spotless, the staff so very helpful. It was excellent value for money and I certainly would stay again .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Could not fault the situation of the hotel, within close proximity of several major attractions and dozens of places to eat. The buffet breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. The staff could not have been more helpful throughout our visit and arranged our airport transfers efficiently, despite a 5.30am pick up for our return flight. Our allocated room was at the rear of the hotel with little natural light but on request we were relocated without any problem. Modern bathroom fittings with excellent shower units.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view/ balcony if possible.
Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barbara J
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I spend 9 days with my familly in this hotel from 28th August to 6th Sept 2013.
I booked quadripl room but I was surprised that once arrived at 3 AM they gives me standard room with two single bed??? For 2 adults & 3 kids.
I spend the first night in this room till morning & after tension discussion I got my booked room.

The hotel location is great near blue mosque.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank lgueraiche
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Upon arrival we were given an economy room when we had paid for a standard room. We stayed in room 105 and our room had no natural light and there was an adjacent adjoining room, which was very noisy when guests were in the adjacent room. The room was very dark and dingy. I did query the room allocation upon arrival but the reception staff just pretended not to understand my query and were very dismissive and we had arrived late so I thought to take it up the following day. The next day I saw other guests having a big showdown at the reception area, for the same reason, they were complaining that they did not get the room they had paid for. It all got very heated and unpleasant. After watching the fiasco I decided why should I deal with the monkey when I can deal with the organ grinder? I had booked the hotel through a major UK travel operator and I decided to take it up with them and that is exactly what I have done as I felt it would be more productive. It really boils down to cowboy management and unscrupulous hotel policies. It should not be necessary to have to make a huge show at reception to get the room that you have paid for; it is highly unethical and dishonest to allocate cheaper rooms. It is stealing basically.

Regarding the staff, the reception staff are ok, my husband particularly like Ercan and found him to be the most helpful and he was always very pleasant. The cleaning lady was charming and always quick to help and I found the breakfast staff to be pleasant. The breakfast choice was good and the food was fresh. My qualm is not with the hotel staff; rather, it is purely with cowboy management and deliberate dishonest room allocation.

Location is nice, bang in the middle of everything. The hotel is clean with the exception of the carpet in the rooms; the carpet are very shabby and grubby and could do with a good clean. The hotel was noisy but again that was due to it being an economy room with an adjacent adjoining room.

Had they honoured my booking reservation I would have given them 3 stars but given their dodgy dealings they deserve zero. My advice would be to look around we saw some lovely hotels in SultanAhmet and the only reason we stayed is that we had booked through a UK tour operator. Take the time to read through the reviews and see how many people were given inferior rooms upon arrival. Seems if you make a big enough fuss they comply with the booking but really who wants to do that on holiday?! I would like to see the hotel removed from UK tour operators.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple