“One of the best hotels”

Ranked #208 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Karachi, Pakistan
“One of the best hotels”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Aprilis Hotel is a very ideal and comfortable hotel, it is located near many tourist attractions and has a very nice breakfast buffet (food is free). The staff are very helpful and are dedicated to serving you. The rooms are clean, nice, and comfortable. They are very good and suited to any type of trip, such as family trip, business trip, even a honeymoon! Overall, this hotel is a very excellent hotel and I recommend choosing to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Best hotel in Istanbul!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Saleem A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

its a very clean hotel. best part is its in the middle of most tourist attractions , shopping and food facilities.we have booked a four bed room and despite all our baggage and four bed the room was big enough where my toddlers could run about.The breakfast could had more options but yet overall its good.

Room Tip: 505 room number
1 Thank shaila b
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

i booked a holiday to Istanbul for my husband's 30th birthday. I decided to book Aprilis Hotel due to the excellent views it had and i have to say i am glad i chose this hotel!The location is excellent. It is within walking distance from the main tourist attractions, pharmacy, grocery shops, excellent restaurants and exceptional desserts cafes! The room 402 was an ideal size for us has a couple with a 9 month old baby. The room was cleaned on a daily basis. The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful especially Mr Ercan who made our stay very comfortable. As it was a surprise for my husband, i had emailed the hotel on the morning we were to fly out to arrange something nice in the room as a surprise for my husband..they arranged rose petals in the shape of a heart along with a chocolate box and to top if off we had a cake delivered to our room. We were overwhelmed and cannot thank you Aprilis for such a lovely gesture!I The staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly...thanks once again to Mr Ercan and i cannot remember the name of the other staff members but a big thank you to all of you guys!!We will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends....We are planning our next trip to Istanbul and we will be choosing Aprilis Hotel again!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Aprilis Hotel is a nice boutique hotel in the heart of SultanAhmet. Location is excellent being within walking distance to the main tourist sites and bazaars. Rooms were good size with clean and modern toilets. Breakfast was alright but could be better if there was more variety. The hotel also provided airport pick-up upon arrival which avoided delays and difficulty finding it. Hotel staff were always available with advise and tour suggestions most notably Mr Ercan and Mr Enes who were excellent throughout our 1 week stay. Service can be improved as we had to request for bottled water on a daily basis. Also, staff were unable to fix a faulty light and toilet exhaust fan for over 3 days and we left the hotel with these still unfixed. Overall, we would recommend this hotel for its location and value.

Room Tip: Best rooms are perhaps on the 5th floor especially those with views of the sea and Blue Mosque.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

When planning an overseas vacation, one has always the problem of choosing a hotel via the internet. After browsing the reviews on the Aprilis Hotel ~ me and my friend decided to make a booking there for our December 2012 vacation to Istanbul. What a wonderful experience ~ helpful, friendly and professional staff ~ convenient and spacious rooms and overall just a WOW!! place to spend your holiday. It is conveniently situated within walking distance from several great landmarks like the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia and only a few 100 meters away from a tram stop. There are quite a variety of restaurants and shops also within walking distance. We arrived in Istanbul at 05:30 am and the staff welcomed us very friendly ~ even though we were suppose to only book in after 14:00 pm. I do want to mention 2 of the staff members who went out of their way to make our stay special and memorable ~ Enes and Ercan ~ thank you very much!! With our next visit to Istanbul we will definitely be back at the Aprilis Hotel! From South Africa we want to thank you and assure you that you will definitely see us again!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erika C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Family of four (2 kids), stayed at this hotel in Dec 2012 and early Jan 2013. My travel agency Insight tours booked me at this hotel before and after the tour.

Hotel is centrally located near important tourist destinations, you can easily walk to most places.

They gave me room 505 with one king/big bed, one single bed, and additional small makeshift bed so four in all.

Since the hotel is situated in a prime location it is sandwiched between other buildings and not expected to have a great view, however the view from room 505 (see attached picture) was good enough for me, though I suspect if rooms at lower level would have much of the view.

The nightly rate displayed in the lobby seemed expensive (by US standards), however I stayed at other locations Marriott (Bosphorous) and Courtyard(airport). The Marriott hotels conformed to the international standard, had all the bells and whistles, however are located too far away from the tourist destinations. Aprilis on the other hand is located conveniently and therefore is perhaps worth the additional premium that it charges. However it would be best of you go through a tour company or get a discounted rate.

Some of the other reviewers weren't happy about the breakfast, however I found it to be reasonable and consistent with most other good hotel breakfasts. I stayed in perhaps 10 other hotels across Turkey and found that the breakfast buffet was similar and is designed this way to cater to the wide variety of guests that they host.

Regarding location some quick facts: I needed some medicines, pharmacy was 3 minutes walk, needed to get my shoes polished and repaired, cobbler was 1 minute walk. Needed to convert $ to Lira, exchange was 5 minutes walk. Needed yoghurt and Fruits for kids, small grocery store was right opposite. Wanted to try ethnic Indian cuisine, awesome Swad Indian restaurant was right diagonally opposite. Needed flowers to give wife for new year, Flower shop was 2 minutes walk. Wife had a sudden craving for fresh Bakhlawa, sweet shop was 2 minutes walk. We decided to take printouts of all our trip pictures, the photographer was less than 10 minutes away. Though I didn't use it I saw some signs for Laundry service, for those on a long trip or with kids you may want to consider using this.

Wi-fi internet connection was spotty from my room but with some persistance was ok, I was able to connect to my work over a VPN and work effectively. Also downloaded whole movies to download for kids to watch.

Hotel staff was courteous and helpful, I had to make some changes in my schedule and they were able to accommodate and also give me the preferred Tour company rate. Ercan from front desk was knowledgable and helpful, had to change my airport drop off time and he was able to talk to the driver, tour manager and sort out the confusion and save me lot of hassel, sincere Thanks to him and others on the staff.

To conclude select this hotel if you need proximity and convenience. I will recommend this hotel to my friend's for their Istanbul stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I was here on our honeymoon jan 2-7th 2013 and we loved it.
The Staff is very friendly and kind.
Breakfast could be better.
It is placed on Peykhane street in the heart of the old city, 2 min from Grand Bazaar, 5 min from Hagia Sophia and Blue mosk, 10 minutes from the Topkapi palace.

Room Tip: room 103 has a direct view on the street below and it is located on 1st floor no need for using the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple