“Highly recommended”

Dilhayat Kalfa Hotel
Ranked #71 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A great boutique hotel in the perfect location! Although situated in the very heart of the old city (in Sultanahmet), the hotel offers you all the peace and quiet you need after a long and exciting day in the lively city of Istanbul. Our room (nr. 16) was medium sized, nicely decorated with careful attention to all details. Beds and armchairs are very comfortable, the bathroom size is generous and everything is impeccably clean and new.
Breakfast is served on the roof top from where you can enjoy the great view of the Marmara Sea. Plenty of choice, very tasty food.
We had a wonderful week-end break and we would like to thank the staff of Delhyat Kalfa Hotel for contributing to make our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lore789
There are newer reviews for Dilhayat Kalfa Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2013

i can only echo what everyone else says about this place. Friendly, helpful staff. Great position, we walked nearly everywhere, Ahmet lent us his travel card to get the tram for a trip on the Bosphorus. the room was quiet, and clean and nicely decorated in a traditional style with a good modern bathroom and lovely bathrobes supplied clean every day. Breakfast was on the roof with a good choice of continental style fare. We would go up there after a day in the city for a cuppa and a G&T (Our own duty free) on the comfy sofa with views over the water. There was no one there but we could help ourselves to tea and milk. A lovely 'non Hotel' Hotel, we were told - this is your home. A very pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms in a quiet street, I don't think there would be a choice between them.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Dilhayat Kalfa for five nights in Istanbul and enjoyed every single aspect. Staff are warm and welcoming, particularly Ahmet who took the time to help us with any travel queries, show us his favourite shisha bar and try to teach us some basic language where possible. An all-round lovely guy. Our room was very comfortable with great shower, AC and fresh bottled water daily. Breakfast on the top terrace was awesome every morning as well - great way to start the day looking out to sea.

A few people have commented that the morning prayer woke them up. It did for the first two days for us but it was actually quite an authentic experience hearing the prayer cries from the Blue Mosque as you lie in bed - really felt like Turkey. And we went straight back to sleep anyway.

One thing to be aware of which isn't the hotel's fault is that no taxi driver seems to know where it is. Sometimes even with a map! Suggest you orientate yourself before getting a taxi home from Beyoglu or Taksim as it may be challenging if neither you or the driver know where you are...

That said, it's in the heart of Sultanahmet and all the bars, cafes, cultural landmarks (Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market) are in easy walking distance.

Thoroughly recommend staying here for a relaxing and trouble-free time.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The location is very convinient,close to everything .The internet is faster and the room is cong
Torta lê and clean.All the fournitures are renovated.The hotel is far from any noise and the recepcionists are friendly And help you for what you want.The breakfast is wonderful ans enoughI.DefinitelyI suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: All are great
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ppolck
Reviewed September 3, 2013

All of the staff we very professional and very nice to me. I was traveling alone and I alkways felt safe. the room was phenomenal, the breakfast each mornin was great and the view even better. Just a couple blocks to the main tourist areas. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Blonditraveler
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A wonderful stay!! We were treated so well by Hami and Ahmet who truly made my friend and I feel like this was our home in Istanbul. The hospitality was above and beyond. Hami and Ahmet were always available and incredibly helpful. Having breakfast on the roof terrace every morning only added to the charm of the hotel. I loved the area, felt very safe and loved our room (the large room on the third floor). The hotel is also incredibly clean and well maintained. I confess that I usually stay in larger hotels but found this experience so delightful that I think smaller, boutique hotels are in my future. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff. They are definitely part of what made my trip to Istanbul so memorable.

Room Tip: Not sure what the number is but the rooms on the third floor is the most spacious. Other rooms were...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I am truly grateful to the staff of Dilhayat Kalfa for making my stay in Istanbul wonderful. I planned on staying at the Dilhayat Kalfa when I realized I would have a full-day layover in Istanbul. I knew from the map it had a great location, and from the reviews that the rooms and the staff are excellent. What I experienced firsthand was how exceptional this hotel truly is. And it could not have come at a better time for me: I arrived into Istanbul only to learn my luggage never boarded my flight way back in Johannesburg! The airlines informed me it would take days for the bag to be reunited with me. This is where the staff of Dilhayat Kalfa really came through. First, they had their driver wait for me at arrivals clear until I finished sorting out the paperwork with the airlines. Even though I didn't have the bag, my hotel was still waiting for me. That was a huge relief. Then when I arrived, Ilham, who works the front desk, welcomed me with a smile and offered to help. He prepared me breakfast on the beautiful rootop veranda when I was ready, and he helped me plan out how I could get everything into the day I had. He told me to see this as my home in Istanbul, and went out of his way to make me feel welcome there. The rooms are excellent, so you can truly see it as being as good as your home! And when it came time for me to vacate the room, they generously offered to let me stay until I returned to the airport for my onward flight. I thank Dilhayat Kalfa for everything they did to make my stay in Istanbul a wonderful experience. I believe that there is no finer group of hosts you could have for your stay in Istanbul than the staff here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo