“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #240 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A very modern new deluxe 270 room hotel near Taksim square,Very nice rooms, excellent service and most attentive staff throughout the hotel, Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Complimentary Wifi available throughout the hotel.Gym and spa facility are very good (though massages offered while good tend to be on the expensive side). The conference facilities are also perfect, and the rooftop bar/restaurant very nice. Food throughout the hotel is tasty and diversified. Overall a very rewarding experience,

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ariel L
martiilk, Manager at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send your valuable comments.

We are pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we aim to delight and provide all our guests with the highest standards in service and hospitality like you have mentioned well-known international chain hotels.

We work hard to catch up higher level of service to provide the finest Turkish hospitality here at the Marti Istanbul.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Marti Istanbul in the near future.

Dogan Tengizman
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Borneo
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Having tried a selection of hotels from boutique to quirky to charming, this is a reliable and classically furnished hotel when compared to House Hotel, Edition, W. It lacks the warmth and personal attention of Ciragan or Four Seasons.
Still, we can't complain as they upgraded us to a suite!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Marti Istanbul in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel lively all times. Firstly, Sitting only in the lobby is a fun! I stayed in this hotel with my Family from 3-6 Aug. 2014 for Business and pleasure. Be careful of Room Reservation System! Sometimes, they do not block of money on your Credit Card!!! Stefanie Behn (German) handled check-in procedures for me and my family in very professional way. King-size and Twin rooms are big. Concierge Service is available 24 hrs. in the hotel. Aykan (Turkish), from Concierge speaks English very well and he is very useful. The Gym and Jacuzzi are located on the roof which overlooks the magnificent view of Istanbul City (Old & Modern). Gym is equipped with well-known brand. The hotel is 10 minutes walking distance away from Taksim Square. There is no enough manpower for covering the Summer Season. Steam room is not operating normally. The card access system is not reliable. You get limited number of devices to be connected to the room WiFi. Finally, The safety rail of Jacuzzi steps to be fixed.

Room Tip: First, check the view!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ebrahim A
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees especially with Ms. Stefanie and Mr. Aykan.

I would like to say that we had a problem with our key card system for a short time and it's fixed already.

Also thank you for your constuctive feedback regarding safety rail for the jacuzzi, as you have mentioned it's been fixed already.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Marti Istanbul in the near future.

Dubai
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Had a wonderful stay here! Very comfortable rooms and bed - great location just a few minutes walk from Taksim square and the metro. Was a lovely place to come back to each day.
Rooftop bar with great cocktails and very helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send your valuable comments.

We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Best Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Location is great, 3 min walk from istiklal street. Must get room with private Hamam. Staff we're very friendly and we enjoyed very much our 2 days stay in this clean and trendy hotel. Room was very specious and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

Best Regards,

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have contacted the Hotel pre my arrival to reconfirm my booking and requested a non smoking room with a king size bed and Ms. Feyza was really nice and helpful to confirm my booking and the upgrade and other special requests..

When I have arrived i found that we are located in the second floor with smoking room and twin bed (totally the opposite to the confirmation that I had).pus the A/C was not functioning.

Called the operator to solve the A/C but the technisian came to the room and left without any results plus I couldn't understand from him what was the problem.

Called again the reception and they have offered me a room on the 9th floor but AGAIN the A/C was not functioning in the new room and the technisina said its okay which wasn't cooling at all.

I've called that night the duty manager and was a great guy and showed me the new room on the 10th floor which I am still In with a great view but there was water leackage in the bathroom.

I was really dissapointed from the rooms conditions.

I've asked this morning for a late check out due to inconvenience that happened to me although my flight is at midnight but my request was regret due to high occupancy then I asked a lady called Stephanie to extend my check out time and she said YES with an extra TR300 and I agreed then she called again to inform me that if I want to extend then she wants to move me to a different room and pay EURO300 ....

They dont deliver their promisses although they confirmed at the begining.

I am really disappointed from the above incidents and the way it was handled.

To be honest they have the best concierge team ever and they always there for all guests..

When I come to the country again this hotel is not recommended and need a lot of training for guest complaint handling

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel a couple of weeks ago. I've stayed there before and it was always a problem with the reception. This time though was much worse. There were personal things missing from my room on my first day of stay. They promised to investigate and during check out the manager offered me sweets to calm me down!They didn't even apologise... Instead they threw my check out bill at my face, overcharging me with various taxes. Please be cautious staying at Marti hotel

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor concerning your stay at Marti Istanbul.

First of all we are sorry that we were unable to provide you with complimentary upgrade upon your checking in. As we have discussed, free upgrade is based on the availability. I apologize if this posed any inconveniences. However you would understand we can only provide upgrade when it is available.

Also as per your report, our Security department has conducted an investigation. As a result of this investigation it is reported that there was no entry to your friend’s room, where the make up bag was reported missing.

As far as your comment about the overcharge; I believe you forgot that you accepted the supplement charge for Deluxe Room difference when we were unable to extend you with free upgrade. This was on your registration card and explained to you during the check in and check out as well.

Our commitment to genuine care for our guests did not and will not change, that is what has made The Marti Istanbul in the years and these are not at all the comments that we are accustomed to receive. I hope this will not shake your faith on us and wish to serve you on your next trip to Istanbul.