“Elegant hotel - highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marti Istanbul Hotel

Marti Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai
“Elegant hotel - highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Had a wonderful stay here! Very comfortable rooms and bed - great location just a few minutes walk from Taksim square and the metro. Was a lovely place to come back to each day.
Rooftop bar with great cocktails and very helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send your valuable comments.

We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Marti Istanbul in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Location is great, 3 min walk from istiklal street. Must get room with private Hamam. Staff we're very friendly and we enjoyed very much our 2 days stay in this clean and trendy hotel. Room was very specious and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have contacted the Hotel pre my arrival to reconfirm my booking and requested a non smoking room with a king size bed and Ms. Feyza was really nice and helpful to confirm my booking and the upgrade and other special requests..

When I have arrived i found that we are located in the second floor with smoking room and twin bed (totally the opposite to the confirmation that I had).pus the A/C was not functioning.

Called the operator to solve the A/C but the technisian came to the room and left without any results plus I couldn't understand from him what was the problem.

Called again the reception and they have offered me a room on the 9th floor but AGAIN the A/C was not functioning in the new room and the technisina said its okay which wasn't cooling at all.

I've called that night the duty manager and was a great guy and showed me the new room on the 10th floor which I am still In with a great view but there was water leackage in the bathroom.

I was really dissapointed from the rooms conditions.

I've asked this morning for a late check out due to inconvenience that happened to me although my flight is at midnight but my request was regret due to high occupancy then I asked a lady called Stephanie to extend my check out time and she said YES with an extra TR300 and I agreed then she called again to inform me that if I want to extend then she wants to move me to a different room and pay EURO300 ....

They dont deliver their promisses although they confirmed at the begining.

I am really disappointed from the above incidents and the way it was handled.

To be honest they have the best concierge team ever and they always there for all guests..

When I come to the country again this hotel is not recommended and need a lot of training for guest complaint handling

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel a couple of weeks ago. I've stayed there before and it was always a problem with the reception. This time though was much worse. There were personal things missing from my room on my first day of stay. They promised to investigate and during check out the manager offered me sweets to calm me down!They didn't even apologise... Instead they threw my check out bill at my face, overcharging me with various taxes. Please be cautious staying at Marti hotel

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor concerning your stay at Marti Istanbul.

First of all we are sorry that we were unable to provide you with complimentary upgrade upon your checking in. As we have discussed, free upgrade is based on the availability. I apologize if this posed any inconveniences. However you would understand we can only provide upgrade when it is available.

Also as per your report, our Security department has conducted an investigation. As a result of this investigation it is reported that there was no entry to your friend’s room, where the make up bag was reported missing.

As far as your comment about the overcharge; I believe you forgot that you accepted the supplement charge for Deluxe Room difference when we were unable to extend you with free upgrade. This was on your registration card and explained to you during the check in and check out as well.

Our commitment to genuine care for our guests did not and will not change, that is what has made The Marti Istanbul in the years and these are not at all the comments that we are accustomed to receive. I hope this will not shake your faith on us and wish to serve you on your next trip to Istanbul.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the Zeynep Fadillioglu-designed Marti hotel for two nights. The stay was comfortable, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was simply amazing! The hotel is at walking distance from Taksim square, which makes it very easy to take a cab or metro to anywhere in the city. If you're an art lover, its interesting to know that the hotel has a young but interesting art collection, most of which is displayed in the lobby and breakfast area. However, cleanliness of the rooms could use a little work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Maria M
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Marti Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send your valuable comments.

We are pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies if we fail about the quality of our Housekeeping service. I have addressed this issue with the relevant department head and taken measures to ensure that experiences such as these are prevented in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in Marti Hotel in Istanbul for 4 nights.
The location of the hotel is very nice and it has excellent rooms.
the rooms are clean and comfortable.
its walking distance to Taksim Square.

The concierge is knowledgeable and can plan everything for you.
The hotel has a bar and Jacuzzi on the terrace which are very good.
the view from the terrace is amazing.

The Havatas Bus from S Gokcen Airport drops you 100 meters from the hotel.

We had a wonderful time and would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
martiilk, Yönetici at Marti Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Marti Istanbul.

We really appreciate your excellent feedback. We are passionate about exceeding our guests' expectations and we are so delighted to hear that you were well taken care of by our colleagues.

We are honoured having you at Marti Istanbul and looking forward to seeing you again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed in Istanbul for two nights and wanted to be close to the nightlife in Taksim while also being comfortable, and the Marti was a great choice. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the location is perfect, about a 200 yd walk to central Taksim. The shower is very large and has a rain shower head which is awesome.

Room Tip: The rooftop is very cool and a must see.